Chapter 37

"Alright guys," Owen yelled "this is it. Ten seconds and 9, 8, 7. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and we're live!"

He pointed to Andra who looked directly into the camera and smiled with a confidence that she didn't feel. She couldn't meet Cameron's eyes. 

"Hi, friends. I promised you something special and I don't think tonight is gonna disappoint. First of all, before we get started there are a few things you guys need to know. I'm not on my own tonight. In order to get the job done, I needed the assistance of a few friends. You'll be seeing them and hearing them from time to time both on and off camera. Also, I know I mentioned this earlier in the week but you'll be able to be involved with what we're doing tonight. If you see anything out of the ordinary or even if you just have a question for us leave it in the comments and we'll reply, answer, or check out just as much as we possibly can."

"Alright, so enough of that let's get down to business." Just over Cal's shoulder, she could see the monitor that Owen was working on. He had turned it to give her a visual to work off of. She watched as her image disappeared and was replaced by the images from the cameras placed throughout the house.

"Ok. So what you're seeing here is a live video of a house my friends and I will be investigating tonight. I have a story for you but we'll be releasing that in stages tonight for security reasons."

Yeah and to keep anyone from turning us in for as long as humanly possible she thought sarcastically to herself. "While we're working tonight I want you guys at home to let us know if you see anything out of the ordinary. Now small side note mother nature is putting on one spectacular show right now so some random flashes or loud noises could be attributed to the storm we're experiencing. Now whether we catch anything or not tonight I don't know but I can tell you that at least one member of my group here has experienced extreme activity in this house very recently." 

Everyone in the room turned to look at Cameron except Andra. "So I guess that's everything.  Give us just a moment to get everyone in position and we'll get started."

Owen turned her mic off and the group moved in on the table. On the live feed, the video in the rooms was still running and the comments were pouring in. Outside the rain was coming down in sheets. The wind screamed around the corners of the house in large gusts that had Andra wondering uneasily about the strength of the nearby trees.

Owen began handing out headsets and handheld recorders. "Andra since this investigation is yours and Cameron's you two are gonna call the shots from here. Where do you want us?" 

Andra glanced over at Cameron who took her hand as he stepped to her side. "Whatever you think?" he said

"I think for now," she said hesitantly. "we all need to stay together. No one goes off on their own. This house can be dangerous in broad daylight much less in the dark. Cameron and I will go out first. If you see anything on the cameras let us know and we'll swap it out."

"Sounds good," Owen said.

"Where to?" Cameron asked. 

"We'll start in her room."

"I was afraid you were going to say that. Lead the way."

They made their way upstairs using a small flashlight to see by. Cameron followed just a few steps behind. As they got to the door Andra hesitated. "I've never been here outside of my dreams." She told him. He could feel her trembling beside him. 

"You're right," he said quietly. "And every time you were here you were alone but not tonight. I'll be right here with you."

She nodded and they stepped through the door together. Even though the room looked different from the last time she had been here it still felt surreal. They sat down on the floor facing each other legs crossed knees touching. In one hand she held the recorder Owen had given her in the other she kept Cameron's hand in a death grip. In her ear, she could hear Owen.