teaser.

thanks for
30K on tying the knots &
10K on why did you run !!!
this one's for y'all :)

───*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ───

"connie!?" i scream across our house, reaching for the blanket across the couch but failing.

"yeah, hun?" i can hear him running across the house, and he darts through the door way of the living room.

he sighs at the sight of me, sitting there, legs crossed, hands are folded over my stomach. he smiled.

"yes, hun?" he said again, much more relaxed, sighing as he raised his eyebrows.

"i cant... reach it!!" i whined at him, grunting as i again reached for the blanket, my body denying the action. my husband only smiled more.

"okay. okay." he sighed, walking towards me and handing me the soft material, "here you go."

i smiled and wrapped the blanket around my torso.

"thank you." i mumbled as i began to doze off. he grabbed my hand and rubbed the back with his thumb. somehow, i felt him smiling at me as my eyes closed, and my hand dropped from his. he began to walk away.

"con..." he heard my mutter and spun on his heels, walking back to the side of the couch.

"yeah, babe?" he rested his arms on the back of the couch, looking down at me.

"why did you come running so fast?" i whispered, "i didn't mean to scare you."

"well," he grabbed my arm and rubbed it again, "i just wanted to make sure you were alright." i opened my eyes to find him staring at me gently, "could be anytime now, ya know?"

i smiled, realizing, "oh." i giggled, "because i'm preg-" my whispers turned into just my lips moving as i fell into slumber. sometimes, i forgot the magical truth of the past few months. i was pregnant. we were having a baby.

"yeah." he whispered, and i stared into his dreamy eyes as he said, "i love you."

i smirked, "only took you a year to say that the first time." i laughed, remembering how casually he had told me in the beach houses dining room.

"hey." he pointed a finger towards me, "not technically!" he reminded me of the night of the fireworks back in the summer we met wasn't a dream, "and then well..." he squirmed, probably remembering the hard few months of susannah's death where he didn't say it much, "almost a year! and i apologized for that."

i laughed, "i know, i'm just joking. i knew it was true. it was true for me too." we both smiled at each other, and snuggled close.

"i love you macee." he whispered in my ear, and i smiled into his neck.

"i love you too conrad."