Cyno | A Peachy Morning

As the assistant at Mondstadt's library, you have the daily task of organizing and shelving returned (and sometimes new) books every morning. It is a repetitive job, but at least it's simple and straightforward enough.

Today's morning is going to be fairly easy based on the amount of books resting on the cart. You're relieved to see no piling books towering over you like last week. Those stacks took an interminable time to sort through and put away in their respective homes.

Yawning, you pick up a black book with a blank cover, turning it around to read the summary. The back is also empty, meaning this is likely one of those lengthy research books.

"What research is this about... let's see..." you trail off and open the book, "...relationship and love ma—ookay, putting you away..."

Familiar footsteps can be heard behind you, followed by a yawn. You turn around and wave at the librarian. She smiles and puts a hand on your head in greeting.

"Good morning, cutie. How is your task going?" Lisa asks. She yawns again, a gloved hand over her mouth.

"Good. Not as much to do today luckily."

"Mhm. Not as many books were checked out yesterday," she explains. "I'm going to brew some tea. Would you like a cup?"

You nod. She heads off to prepare the tea, and you continue your morning task of putting the books away. Hopefully some tea will help you fully wake up so that you can finish the rest of the day with more energy.

The last book from the first pile is placed in the shelf. Just as you're about to start on the second group, you hear Wyratt's voice. Curious, you step forward and look toward the wooden door.

An early visitor? It's not often you meet a smiling face so early in the morning.

The door opens, revealing an unfamiliar face. His unique attire and head piece immediately catches your attention as you've never seen such designs before having been a Mondstadt citizen all your life. His white hair contrasts against his tan skin and surroundings, making him stand out among all the earthy-colored bookshelves.

Your curious gaze meets his red-orange ones as he stares at you quietly, his serious face unwavering. He walks down the steps, heading toward you in steady strides. You notice a basket in his hand that appears to be filled to the brim with something rosy pink.

He stops before you and asks, "Where is Lisa?"

Now that he's closer and is actually speaking, you can sense an authoritative and confident aura around him based on his brief words and the way he's looking down at you.

"Oh? Who do we have here?"

You unconsciously let out a sigh of relief as you make a mental note to thank Lisa for the save. Not even a simple reply could be managed, especially not after having him stare you down so intensely.

He faces her and extends the basket. "I picked some Zaytun peaches upon your request."

"Thank you, Cyno." Lisa takes the basket and flickers her emerald green gaze to you. "You've been hoping to try one of these, remember? Cyno has some business here, so I figured I should ask him for a favor."

According to one fictional book you read, Zaytun peaches are described to be crisp and sweet. The sketch of the fruit looks so delicious that you asked her about them, and she told you she would get her hands on some soon.

You didn't realize her "soon" meant today... and you definitely didn't think the person delivering the peaches was going to be an attractive male.

"Um... thanks for the peaches... Cyno..." you murmur.

He turns to you and once again, wordlessly stares at you for a while. You aren't sure what to do with your fumbling hands, so you force them to hold a book, pretending to be intrigued by the blank cover. Lisa can be heard chuckling to herself, and the only thing you want to do is wash away this embarrassment.

If only you can jump into the pages of this book and disappear for a bit, just enough to give him time to leave elsewhere.

"Do you enjoy peaches? I hope you do; it would be a pity if you don't. I would be speachless."

Before you can answer his question, Lisa laughs (a bit too exaggeratively loud) and pats the male's back. You furrow your brows at the way she is moving her eyes back and forth—from you to him—and mouthing some words that you can't decipher.

All you can see is the desperation in her eyes, so desperate that she's now waving her hand from behind his head.

Cyno suddenly speaks. "You didn't get the joke, did you? Allow me to explain."

-♡-

I appeachiate you and your lame jokes, Cyno.