Chapter 54

Evelyn's Pov

I slowly calmed down as Thomas kept holding me in his arms, comforting me. I slowly look up to him "Thomas, We should go talk to Nikolai" I said softly, Thomas furrowed his brows "no, we should go back. We'll come back aga-" I cutted his sentence off "Thomas, I cant say we just came here then Jack almost force me to him" I said and Thomas kept looking at me as he think.

Nodding his head and giving me a sigh "Alright, but let me be the one to talk to Nikolai. You just have to come with me" He said, I softly smiled and nod my head "okay" I replied, Thomas kissed my forehead before holding me up from the couch then we both walked upstairs to Nikolai's chamber.

I knocked on the door and I heard Nikolai reply "Inside" he must be expecting for us to come in his room, opening the door and I walked inside. Nikolai watched me firstly for a while before looking at Thomas with a cold face "Nikolai" Thomas started, He replied "What do you need, I don't have anything now. You've taken everything away from me" Nikolai said.

I looked down, sad for him and I can feel his anger and sadness inside "Your Father killed my mother, you killed my sister and you took the love of my life away" Nikolai said while glancing at me, what? He still not losing his feelings for me? Thomas held my hand and then pulled me from behind him "My father did not killed your mother, the last person to be seen with your mother is my father but He did not kill her" Thomas replied.

Nikolai scoffed "Don't try and lie to me, Your Father is cruel! Didn't I heard your Father has not been good to his people?" He asked, I held Thomas's arms as I can feel him clenching his fist. "Nikolai, we did not come here to fight with you" I said while looking at him, Nikolai looked back at me "Did this madman poisoned you, Evelyn? You took care of me when I'm sick, you love me!" He said with wide eyes that was hoping that he's right.

I shook my head "no, Nikolai. I told you, I don't love you. I just took care of you because you were my friend, my friend who was sick" I replied, Nikolai start to form tears but been holding in his eyes "No! You love me, I know it!" Nikolai said while holding my hands tightly, I tried moving back but he kept holding me. Thomas pushed him away from me "Back off, Nikolai" He said with a calm anger in his eyes.

Nikolai stumbled back as soon as Thomas pushed him, Nikolai looked away angrily "Stay out of this, Thomas" He said while clenching his fist, Thomas kept pulling me from behind him "She is my wife, the one you've been touching before and now. Why would I stay out of this?" He asked, Nikolai clenched his fist and death glared Thomas. I gasped softly as I can feel the dangerous atmosphere.

Standing infront of them as I push them gently away from each other "Stop it, I don't like you guys fighting. Nikolai, Thomas did not come here to fight with you. Hear him out" I said while looking at him, Nikolai calmed down a bit as soon as he looked at me "What do you want, Thomas?" He asked while still glaring at him, I move back away and looked at Thomas as he was thinking.

I held his hand and give him a look to both of his eyes, What will he say? Nikolai scoffed and looked down the ground "You don't want anything then" He said before he was about to walk away, Thomas said "I want to restore our friendship" He said, making Nikolai to stop walking away and turned around to look at him.

"What?" Nikolai said unsurely and unbelievable of Thomas's reply "I want to forget all of our bad memories, we just fought because of our family and about one woman. I want to restore our friendship" He said, Nikolai looked at him with his slightly wide eyes.

"You want to restore our friendship? Do you even think about what I want, will you give it to me then for our friendship?" Nikolai asked, Thomas looked at him and nodded his head. Thinking he wants coins and golds "Give me Evelyn" Nikolai said, Thomas and I both looked up to him with wide eyes. "What did you say?". Nikolai glanced at me with his small smile and smirk "I've no one in my life, even if you want to restore our friendship. I want someone to love me and have family with, It's my only wish and dream" He said.