12│TEENAGERS SCARE THE LIVIN' SHIT OUT OF ME

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇʟᴀɴᴅs ᴏғ ᴛɪᴍᴇ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴛᴇᴇɴᴀɢᴇʀs sᴄᴀʀᴇ
ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪᴠɪɴ' sʜɪᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏғ ᴍᴇ ꒱

❝ YOU'RE EITHER DUMB OR
DESPERATE. WHICH IS IT?

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Dolores Hargreeves was extremely frustrated. No, scratch that— she was incensed. All she wanted to do was talk to Five: find out why he'd thought that breaking things off with her was the only way to go forward and share her feelings about what he'd done— and then kiss him senseless. (And, if time allowed, more than that.) But now the whole damn universe needed to be saved which put off that order of events from happening. So, the only logical conclusion was this: the faster they got through the Mothers of Agony, found Pogo, got the information they needed and completed the mission, the sooner she would be to jumping her husband's bones. (Okay, maybe there were still some lingering hormones that were affecting her emotions.)

Or, in other words: Dolores was there to take names and kick ass, and she was all out of names.

Perhaps her newly discovered air of fierceness was palpable as she and Five received many unfriendly stares as they entered the dive bar. (Or it was the fact that they looked like kids, but she preferred to think that it was the former.) A woman stood at the bar with a drink in hand called out to them tauntingly: "what you doing here, babies?"

The man next to her gave them an equally hostile look. "You lost, kids?"

Dolores stared back at him unflinchingly as they passed the pair. As they walked towards the back they passed by another woman, this one scantily clad in pink and leather. She moved fluidly against the pole without sparing the couple a glance. The brunette stared at her, too, as they went by her. (What? She was just establishing dominance— that was all.) Five pulled her forward without hesitation, too intent on their mission to be distracted by the sights around them.

They paused for a moment as they reached the back door before the boy pushed it open to reveal a dimly lit room. Under two fluorescent lights, a large man waited in the tattoo chair. A setup of inks and pens stood next to him along with a very familiar chimpanzee. Except— instead of suits and sweater vests that Dolores had last seen him in, this Pogo wore a leather jacket and had samples of his artwork displayed on his hairy arms.

"Been looking for you," Five announced calmly.

"I don't tattoo children."

"Swell, we're not here for the ink. We're here because we have a mutual friend: Sir Reginald Hargreeves."

Pogo pulled the cigarette out of his mouth and turned away from them. "Whatever he wants, I'm not interested."

"I don't think that you understand. I'm one of his children." Five paused. "From another timeline."

The chimpanzee froze as the boy's words surprised him. He faced the couple again. "Another timeline?" Then, he took a step closer to peer at the brunette. "Dolores? What are you doing with this boy?"

The girl offered him a smile in greeting; in the brief time that she'd known the Hargreeves' unusual butler, he'd always been kind to her. "I'm not the Dolores you know," she corrected him. "I'm from Five's timeline; take it as evidence that we're telling the truth. There's now two of the same person."

"That's impossible," he commented with a light scoff.

"As crazy as it sounds, if you were to go to the Sparrow Academy with this Dolores, you'd see that what she's saying is true. Not only that, but you and I have met before, back in 1963 when you were a diaper-wearing chimp in dire need of a manicure." Five pulled down the collar of his shirt to reveal the lingering evidence. "I don't know if you remember but I have a scar to prove it."