88

"Jule." Dad whispered, waking me up. "Daddy, it's sleepy time." Five year old me said with a giggle.

"Mommy is asleep, let's go on an adventure." He said causing little me to gasp. "An adventure?!" I asked as he shushed.

"Gotta be quiet, sweetie. Don't want to wake mommy." He said then scooped me up. "Okay. I'll be a mouse." I whispered and put my hand over my mouth.

Dad put me in my car seat then drove me to the park that I knew all too well at this point.

"It's dark." I said quietly as dad pulled me out of the car seat. "Don't worry, sweetie. I'll keep you safe." Dad said then carried me to the swing set.

"Higher!!! Push me higher!" I giggled loudly as dad pushed me on the swings.

"You can't go any higher, sweetie." Dad said with a laugh.

The dream was so sweet, bringing me back to my childhood. Whenever dad was around he would make sure I felt special.

I watched my younger self enjoying her time with her favorite person in the world before a couple of guys came out of the bushes.

"Quill." One of them said coldly as they held their guns up towards me and my dad.

I tried to scream, but no noise would come out as the men shot at me, hitting me in the stomach.

Dad didn't seem to care, instead he stood up and walked towards the men.

Little me screamed and cried in pain before dad turned around, pulling his gun out and finishing the job.

I bolted up, screaming at the dream I had. "Jesus, what!?" Sam yelled as the car swerved slightly.

"Are you okay?" Kat asked as I tried to catch my breath. "Hey.." Colby said quietly, wrapping his arm around me.

"Sorry." I whispered and closed my eyes, trying to calm down.

The dream was a metaphor. Dad betrayed me and lied when he said he would protect me.

"It's okay." Colby said with a yawn. "Sorry, Sam." I said and looked up at him. "It's okay, we didn't die." He said with a laugh.

"It was just a nightmare. Well actually it was reality but same thing." I said and laid down again, resting my head in Colby's lap.

"Wanna talk about it?" Colby asked as I shook my head.

"No. I have a headache though." I mumbled and closed my eyes. "Yeah, that's expected when you down three fourths of a bottle of vodka by yourself." He said with a laugh.

"It's not funny." I grumbled. "No, you were throwing up all night and that wasn't funny at all." He said as Kat reached her hand back.

"Here, Jules." She said with a smile. "You're a life saver." I said then took the ibuprofen from her.

"I know a hangover when I see one." She said with a giggle.

"How far out are we?" Colby asked and aimlessly played with my hair. "Only an hour or so. You hungry? You slept through our food stop." Sam explained.

"Yeah. Starving. This one should probably get something in her stomach too." Colby said and looked down at me.

"I will throw up." I said as he laughed. "You'll throw up without anything." He said with a matter of fact tone.

"He's right." Sam and Kat said at the same time.

"You guys are annoying." I grumbled then covered my eyes with my arm.