~33~

January 3rd, 2022

Fingers slowly trail down her arm. Their eyes watching their own fingers listening to the silence of the early morning. It was peaceful, relaxing and perfect all wrapped into one. A small smile treads onto Y/n's lips before leaning down placing a gentle kiss upon the sleeping Australian's head. When they lean back up Alycia slightly moves. Part of Y/n wanted to stop gliding her flinders gingerly up and down the girl's arm, but they don't. They continue only to have Alycia begin waking up.

"Mm," Alycia groans out softly causing Y/n's smile to linger looking at the girl who slowly turns over. There their eyes lock, a tired looking Alycia looking up at Y/n who leans their head against their hand looking down at the girl.

"Good morning kitten," Y/n whispers leaning down and gently planting their lips on Alycia's. A smile forms on Alycia's lips as she kisses back. Y/n slowly pulls away moments later to both of them opening their eyes, to lock once again. 

"Were you watching me sleep?" Alycia questions causing a smile to crack on Y/n's lips, shrugging their shoulders as they reach up their hand and taking a strand of Alycia's hair, tucking it behind her ear. 

"Maybe." 

"Creep," Alycia jokingly chuckled as Y/n looks at the girl in admiration, pulling their hand away and looking back at Alycia's green eyes. 

"You looked peaceful. Adorable. I wanted to live in the moment and not wake you by getting up." Y/n's eyes switch back and forth between Alycia's, seeing the girl's do the exact same. "I don't want to ever lose you." 

"Lose me? How would you?" 

Y/n's head shakes from side to side, shrugging. "There's plenty of ways Alycia, plenty." 

"You don't have to worry about that. It's not going to happen." 

"Never say never kitten. I almost lost you with Marcus." 

"Y/n that's not your fault." 

"It is...I brought you into my world and you got in the middle of it." 

"Y/n, we can't keep having this talk. It was my choice to go with you. My choice. You didn't force me to do anything that I didn't want to do." 

"He hurt you. Whatever he did I can see it in your eyes even when you try to hide it..." Y/n's eyes linger away from the Australian as realization sinks into Alycia. She closes her eyes for a brief moment before reopening them and reaching her hand up, cupping Y/n's cheek in her hand. Slowly her thumb rubs back and forth as Y/n brings up their hand, wrapping their fingers gently around Alycia's wrist. But doesn't pull the girl's hand away, just keeps their fingers around the girl's wrist. 

"But you saved me. You will always save me..." 

December 25th, 2021

"Marcus!" A voice shouts causing Marcus to stop and stand up, wiping his face with the back of his hand. Blood almost covered his hand, but he shook his head, looking down at Y/n who lie with her eyes half open, blood coming from her nose and lip. Bruising slowly beginning to form. Cuts even causing even more blood to cover the girl's face. However, when Marcus turns his eyes from Y/n and to behind him his eyes are met with a shaking, scared, head hung low pretty banged up Alycia.