chapter 62

sitting next to my sister side, i think about everything thats happened.

watching your sister laying there, the only motion being her chest rising and falling...well it can really make you think...question why its her thats hurt and not me.

alec had come into the room minuets after i did.

 we havent spoken a word to each other.

honestly...i dont know what to say to him.

my eyes dart from clarys sleeping face to her chest as i notice her chest stops for a moment, and a sigh leaves her lips.

 my hand instantly reaches out for hers taking it.

"clary?" i question sitting forwards in my seat looking at her with wide eyes.

alec comes to couch down next to the bed too also looking at her.

"What happened?#" she questions, with her eyes still closed, small sighs leaving her lips.

"You were drugged" alec speaks seriously, standing up now just looking down at her.

"Fortunately, Simon got to you before it was too late." i explain to her, as her eyes flutter and she slowly opens them.

" They tried to kill me? " she questions before she groans trying to push herself to sit up."- Where's Simon?" she questions grunting making me drop her hand and lightly touch her shoulder.

" Hey. Take it easy." i say gentally trying to get her to lay back down.

" Where is he? Is he OK?" she questions me again, looking around with frantic eyes.

"He refused to leave the premises. Inquisitor Herondale had him taken down to the detention level."alec explains to her as clary pushes herself t lean against the headboard looking up at him.

" She locked up Simon?"she questions looking at him with a frown on her face.

"hey magnus, i know you probably dont really want to hear from me right now. me or alec....but umm" i speak sadly.

 leaning against the wall in a random hallway, alec had been called into a meeting  and i wanted to try and contact magnus again.

 i know he probably hates us for having to test him, but there wasnt anything we could do.

"i really need you..." i whisper holding the phone to my ear, looking up trying to hold in the tears that want to rush dow my face." things arent getting any better, and im scared im losing it" i explain sniffiling a one tear rolls down my cheek." i just really you magnus, please..." i whispers, leanong my head agaist the wall behind my closing my eyes taking a deep breath.

sighing i push myself off the wall and hung up the phone before wiping my face, i shove my phone into my back pokcet before walking into the main room instantly a frown appears on my face seeing clary stood there with the inquisitor and jace.

maia stood there with two guards on either side of her.

 i frown walking over to them.

" whats going on?" i question looking between everyone confused, instantly them all averting their eyes to me.

"Lockheart was mauled by a wolf. Ms. Roberts was found a block away, minutes after the kill" the inquistor speaks looking towards maia making me frown confused.

"I was walking home from work. What, is that a crime now too?" maia questions looking towards clary as she shakes her head.

" Did anyone see you walking home from work?" the inquistor questions raising her eyebrows.

"It's New York City. A lot of people were a block away. "clary explains looking at the inquisitor with a serious confused look onher face.

"an hour ago, this wolf viciously attacked Jace for carrying out a Clave mandate."the inquistor speaks harshly looking towards clary who just looks back at her confused.

"To put a tracking chip in my neck!"maia speaks annoyed glancing over at me before looking at clary.

"Wait... what?!" clary questions surpirsed her eyes wide looking at maia before looking at the inquistor and then me.

"You know, I have been stopped by cops for no other reason than being black, but I thought the Shadowhunters were more evolved than that." maia speaks socffing shaking her ehad before she turns to look at jace." Jace, I didn't do this. " she tells him seriously.

 you could see it on jaces face as he stares at herbefore he turns to look at his grandmother, he goes to speak  ut she cuts him off.

"six Shadowhunters are dead. Don't let your emotions cloud your judgment."she tells him stepping towards him string into his eyes,.

i scoff and shake my head.

" Isn't fear an emotion? Because that's all this is."i speak forcing the inquistor to look over towards me." Tracking people because of the kind of blood they have. Locking them up without recourse?" i question glaring at her, crossing my arms,

" Is that what the Clave stands for?" clary asks her crossing her arms standing next to me looking straight at the inquisitor.

"Your idealism is charming, but when they wheel in the next dead Shadowhunter with their runes carved out, what will you tell their family? What will your ideals have done for any of them?" she questions looking between me and clary making us both drop out arms."Put her downstairs with the vampire."the inquistor speaks making my eyes wide as i look towards maia seeing her being dragged away.

"jace tell her to stop" i speak quickly turning looking at jace with wide eyes.

" you know this is wrong" clary tells him seriously.

"I'm needed in Idris. The Institute is in your hands now, Jace. Make me proud." the inquistor speaks smiling slightly looking at the jace making me roll my eyes.

she glances at us before she walks away making both me and clary turn to look back at jace.

"gracie,clary... there's no perfect way to do this. I'm doing my best."jace speeaks looking down at us with his arms crossed and a conflicted look on his face.

"You know, not too long ago, everyone thought you had demon blood. If you weren't a Herondale, she'd be locking you up, too." i speak seriously looking up at him making him suddnely have this wahs of realisation on his face.

"come on" he speaks before he turns around making me and clary rush after him.

you could hear the sound of maia and simons voice as we aproached the cell.

"If only you were invisible." jace speaks opeming the door to the cell making the both of them turn and look towards us.

"clary! Clary!"simon speaks happily, the pair of them rushing into each others arms making me smile slightly leaning in the doorway.

"You know damn well I didn't kill anyone."  maia speaks looking at jace with a slightly glare on her face.

"Yeah, well, even so, I should probably let you cool out down here for that right hook you landed." jace speaks tilting his head slightly making me kinda chuckle at them.

 they make a good pair.

"You deserved it." maia replies back smirking slightly.

" Yeah, I did. I was wrong. I'm sorry."jace speaks sighing glancing over at clary and simon before looking back at maia.

" An apology... from you. Wow. There's a first time for everything." maia speaks smiling making me smile aswell.