026

Today was the day, charlie and wilbur were officially leaving america, the party the night prior went well, more than well, charlie had an amazing time, she was with the minors most of the night since most of the adults were drinking. She did spend quite abit of her time with Karl, he didn't drink so the two chose to dance around the room to the loud music.

Charlie wasn't a big fan of the surprise part of the party, she loved the music and colourful decorations and the balloons but the part where they all jumped out screaming surprise scared her just abit, and when Tommy and Jack accidently popped a balloon loudly it had given her a bad scare.

But now they were leaving, it was officially time to say goodbye to everybody, wilbur understood perfectly what was happening but charlie didn't quite understand what was happening, she knew that she was going to be saying goodbye but she didn't know why, she didn't realise that they were going back home, they had been in America for so long.

It was quite hard to wake Charlie up that morning, she had been awake so long the night before, she had been awake till 12, and even then she had fallen asleep well before everybody else decided to.

Wilbur had already packed all their bags the day before and now they were officially ready to leave, they just had to say goodbye and then dream would take them to the airport.

Wilbur had explained to charlie that she should sat goodbye to everyone which she had agreed, although she didn't know why.

"Bye bye" Charlie said nervously to Karl and quackity, they found it adorable, they weresosad she had to go but they knew it was for the best, wilbur had to prepare for court. Karl was the first to pull the little girl into a hug whispering encouraging words to her.

"We'll see you soon charlie, don't worry, wilbur won't let you go okay, once court finishes I'll fly down to England and give you the biggest hug okay" Karl told her, hugging her a tad too tightly. Charlie nodded into his shoulder, she didn't quite understand where she was going, it hadn't been explained, if she did she probably would have been more upset to leave.

Next it was Alex's turn to say goodbye, he really didn't know what to say to the child, he didn't expect to be this upset that she and wilbur were leaving. "I'm gonna miss you charlie, umm goodbye I guess" he told her awkwardly as he pet her hair softly as he knelt on the floor to reach her height.

"Ba bye?" She said to him, next she said goodbye to george and sapnap.

She hugged sapnap tightly, he hugged back, reassuring her that she would be okay, she didn't know why everyone was telling her these things, she was extremely confused.

"You'll be okay on the plane, alright? It's not going to hurt you, wilbur will be there just make sure ti hold his hand and you'll be fine" George told the girl he remembered the day they sat beside eachother on the plane, she was terrified of it.

George and charlie hugged, she said goodbye to niki, who told her to carry on doing makeup for wilbur, she then said goodbye to ranboo, she would really miss sitting on his shoulders, as much as it was terrifying being that tall it was just as much fun.

Tubbo and Tommy said goodbye after, she'd miss colouring with them and showing tubbo her drawings although he really had no idea what they were.

She'd miss asking Jack why he was bald which probably happened at least once a day, she just wanted a proper answer from the guy.

After she had said goodbye to everyone it was time for dream to take her and wolbuto the airport.

Once their charlie hugged the blonde man tightly, she'd never forget the nights that he'd comfort her after a nightmare, he'd never forget those nights either, he'd really miss her, he made sure to make a mental note to visit her and wilbur in England whenever he next had the chance.

Wilbur and Charlie were officially on the plane, it hadn't left yet but she decided that she would ask where they were going, she still had no idea.

"Daddy? W-why are we l-leaving?" She asked him, "Charlie, we have to go back to england, we're going home, and then we need to go to court remember" he told her softly.

She nodded nervously before looking out of the window, they were officially about to take flight.

Wilbur grasped onto her hand tightly and smiled down reassuringly at her, charlie sent him a nervous smile back, gripping to his arm tightly.

After take-off charlie was fine, she slept most of the flight, she only woke up to do some colouring and so wilbur could read her a book, that was one of their favourite things to do together, they would choose a book to read together and wilbur would read it aloud to her. This time the book they were reading was the witches by Roald Dahl.

Charlie really didn't like the witches in the book, they absolutely terrified her, and what they did to the children scared her even more.

After reading to charlie for over an hour it was getting quite late for Charlie to be awake seeing as she hardly got much sleep the night before so he sent her to sleep by singing wuitely to her.

Charlie loved to hear wilbur sing and sometimes it would help her sleep, usually as a lullaby he'd sing her dream of me, but sometimes he'd switch it up and sing one of his own songs, remembering to take out all the words that he didn't want her to know or repeat.

"Stars shining bright above you
Night breezes seem to whisper "I love you"
Birds singing in the sycamore tree
Dream a little dream of me"

"Say "Night-ie night" and kiss me
Just hold me tight and tell me you'll miss me
While I'm alone and blue as can be
Dream a little dream of me"

"Stars fading but I linger on, dear
Still craving your kiss
I'm longing to linger till dawn, dear
Just saying this" he sang as Charlie's eyes started to droop.

"Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you
Sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you
But in your dreams whatever they be
Dream a little dream of me"

"Stars fading but I linger on, dear
Still craving your kiss
I'm longing to linger till dawn, dear
Just saying this"

"Sweet dreams till sunbeams find you
Sweet dreams that leave all worries behind you
But in your dreams whatever they be
Dream a little dream of me" he sang, stroking her hair lightly, charlie had already fallen asleep about halfway through the song, the lady sat on the opposite Isle to them watching in awe at the young man singing his daughter to sleep, she couldn't help but audibly awe at them, it was an adorable sight to see.

[I don't know the tune to this lullaby so just search up the video, I just copied the lyrics lol also i didn't edit this I know its a shitty chapter]

[Also please read my other book, gone! It's the newer remade one, the one with the two hands on the cover]