Chapter Two

"I'm allowed to stay with you, Javan?"

"Yes, my father shall talk to the leader when he returns from the hunting trip, you are now in my care"

You smile at the dark-haired man, comforted by his words.

"Can I help you around?" you suggest, standing up on your feet, and walking towards him.

The moment you stand beside him, you realize how tall Javan is, he is seven feet tall.

No, you are not joking, he is extremely tall compared to you.

And considering that this is the stone age, it is only normal for a person to be that tall.

"You don't have to, but if you want to help me around, you can help me with harvesting the crops" you nod at him.

"I would love to"

For you, it is better than staying in this cave all day, doing nothing.

"How old are you, Javan?" you inquire, trying to keep on the conversation going.

"Five hundred and fifty years old"

Your mouth drops at his reply, trying to process what he just told you.

"Really?" you ask in disbelief.

Suddenly, you remember that Noah's arc took 950 years to build.

"Yes, I know that I'm young...what about you, do you remember how old are you?"

"No, I don't"

You would rather lie than tell him your real age.

Imagine replying with 'I'm twenty-three years old' he would consider you a fetus.

"If I could give it a guess, you must be around Five hundred years old"

"Yeah, that could be my age" you agree with him.

"I want to warn you about something, (Y/n)"

"What is it?"

"Never cross the river" you frown.

"Where is that river, and why shouldn't I cross it?"

"I will show you where it is tomorrow, and you should not cross it because, on the other side, there's Cain's tribe"

You look at Javan with confusion, not understanding what is so bad about Cain's tribe.

"What happens if I cross it?"

"You will be caught, and assaulted on daily basis, they might even restore to killing you" he explains.

"Oh, that's horrible"

Javan smiles at your worry, before leaning down to stare directly into your eyes.

"Even if you cross it and they manage to catch you, I will fight them all to keep you safe" your face heats up.

"Why are you being kind to me, a stranger?" Javan chuckles.

"You do like to ask lots of questions, but to answer your question, it was father Adam's words to us, his descendants..."

Javan backs away from you to give you space after noticing your shyness.

"Women should be kept protected and honoured" Javan stops for a moment, staring at you lustfully.

But, quickly pulls himself away from the sinful thoughts.

"And Cain's tribe does the exact opposite, they exploit and dishonour their women, and their women don't mind, you know why?"

"Why?"

"Because they are whores"

Silence follows after his stern speech, you not knowing what to say.

Nevertheless, Javan got what he wanted and it is making you get scared of Cain's tribe.

"Javan, I have one last question"

"Yes?"

"When I woke up, I realized that I was not wearing my usual clothes, but draped in furs, which changed me?"

The dark-haired man realises what you are implying.

"I had one of the women change you"

"Oh, sorry for doubting you"

"It is all right, we humans are always doubtful"

Little do you know, that Javan just lied.