Chapter One

The snow was falling outside the castle of Hogwarts, school of Witchcraft and Wizardry, creating a white blanket of sparkling snow, as students rushes around in common rooms preparing for the nights events. Tonight,during their seventh year, was the Yule Ball. It was not only a ball, but a masquerade.

Hermione Granger, along with all the other gryffindor girls were busy curling their hair, applying make up, and enchanting their masks. The spell allowed the wearers identity to be concealed until midnight, when all would be revealed. As time drew closer to the ball, beautiful dresses of satin and silk were slid on. Taking one last glance in the mirror at herself, Hermione put on her red mask.

Down in the dungeons was a different story with a different house. Draco Malfoy, the Slytherin prince, was standing in front of a mirror dressed in his fine and expensive black dress robes. While most slytherins groaned and complained about the masks, Draco was thankful for them. Wearing the mask meant no one knew who they were, which meant Pansy wouldn't know which one would be Draco. Enchanting his dark green mask, he took one last look at himself and walked out of the dark and cold dungeons. As he walked to the winter wonderland decorated Great Hall, Draco put his mask on.