Chapter Three

His eyes. It was looking into the sky before a storm. Grey clouds, the calm before the storm, and once the storm hit those eyes would darken. Just one look into those eyes made Hermione melt in his arms. She had seen those eyes before, but where? The spell tricked the mark wearers into forgetting details to keep the mystery alive. It was brilliant.

Somewhere in between their dancing, they began to speak. To open up. To get to know each other as they talked about anything and everything. No distinguishing details were shared, but Hermione found herself unable to hide her smile as they talked. He was intelligent, open minded, compassionate, and everything else she could have ever wanted in a guy. How had she never met him? Maybe it was the mystery of the mask that allowed everyone to drop the facade of who they are, and be their true selves. As they spoke with one another, their bodies got closer, song after song going by.

He was too focused on that beautiful smile, that seemed to be glued onto her lovely face, to notice he stepped on her foot. Only when she said "ow" did he realize. Quickly apologizing, he bent to retrieve her shoe, which he had knocked off, at the same time she was and their heads bumped. "Ow" both said, holding the spots where their heads had hit. When they looked up and their eyes met, laughter erupted from both of them.

"I'm sorry...again," he said with a smile on his face "Would you care to go for a walk with me?" He asked, helping her slip on her shoe.
"I would like that very much" Hermione smiled as he took her hand, leading her through the crowd of well dressed students and out to the beautifully decorated halls.

The click of Hermione's heels was the only sound in the halls as they walked in comfortable almost silence. Their hands continued to brush as Hermione held her dress up walking along side him. The halls were decorated with sparkling tinsel and candles that never burned out. Hermione stopped once they came to a window that looked out over the snow covered castle grounds.

"Beautiful" she breathes, looking out at the view as snow continued to fall. Soon he stood beside her, gazing out as well.
"It is. The snow is something I very much love" his perfect lips curled into a soft smile. Hermione nodded in agreement and a loose strand of hair fell into her face.

Turning to look at Hermione, his hand came up and gently tucked the soft piece of hair behind her ear. His hand remained on her soft rosy cheek. Their eyes met, gray to brown, as they both slowly leaned in.