Chapter Five

"G-granger..." Draco said, his wide gray eyes scanning over the Gryffindor he had just been snogging passionately. Realization of what they had both done hit Hermione hard and she ran, breaking from his embrace like lightening. She ran from the shocked blonde hair Slytherin leaving her mask on the ground along with his.

Hermione burst through the perfects bathroom needing to be alone to think. Gasping, she looked in the mirror at herself. Seeing her lips were swollen and looked freshly kissed. Reaching up, her fingers ran over her tingling lips. Tingling?

Draco stood there as still as a statue as Hermione ran away. He had just snogged, know-it-all, Hermione Granger and found he wasn't disgusted. Draco would never have guessed Granger was that good of kisser. Looking down, he noticed the green and red elegant masks, they had been wearing not only a moment ago.

Back In the perfects bathroom, Hermione was hunched over the sink, splashing cold water on her face, trying to shock her out of the feeling. Hermione was scared.

She was scared because she had just kissed, Slytherin prince, Draco Malfoy and she didn't feel sick. She was scared because Draco Malfoy made her feel like no other guy had before, when kissing her. THE Draco Malfoy who had tormented her and her friends for years, and called hermione terrible things, Mudblood included.

After a long, confusing, and twisted night both students had gone to their common rooms and laid awake in bed, trying to make sense of that evenings events.

Morning came dreadfully slow and Hermione dragged herself out of bed to the great hall for breakfast. Plopping down with her back to the Slytherin table, in the hope to avoid the gray eyed gaze. Ginny, Ron, and Harry asked about her night at the ball, but Hermione kept her her head down focused on her breakfast, as if to say 'I don't want to talk'.

The screech of an owl brought her attention up. A jet black owl with bright green eyes, flew though the air dropping a box into Hermione's lap. This caused her to jump as Ginny raised an eyebrow "a bit early for mail isn't it?" The red head asked.

Shrugging, Hermione opened the box. Inside was the decorated elegant red mask she had worn last night. Confused, she picked up the note buried under the mask. In beautiful curvy cursive handwriting it said,
'We need to talk. Lake at 10pm. DM"