Chapter Ten

"Go Harry!" Ginny called from beside Hermione in the stands. Students in red and green robes flew high and fast through the sky, as the Quidditch match went on. It was Gryffindor vs. Slytherin, and Slytherin was ahead by 40 points.

Under Hermione's cloak, hidden was a Slytherin scarf, her way of cheering for Draco. The snow fell lightly as students cheered excitedly, despite the cold. Members of the teams flew through the air fast, the quaffel tossing from each team. Slytherin scored again. "Another 10 points for Slytherin!"

Draco watched from his spot high in the sky. His grey eyes scanned that field looking for the flash of gold. Potter was doing the same. Smiling, he caught a glimpse of his Gryffindor princess in the stands. Him and Hermione had been together for about a month and half now and he found himself smiling more often.

Hermione watched the game go on when she saw a blur of green and red. Draco and Harry were on the race to catch the snitch. They weaved in and out, soared up and down through the field and stands. Once they were almost within arms reach of the snitch, Hermione was gripping the railing, anxiously waiting.

Crash! In a second both boys were on the ground after colliding. Harry rolled to his knees. Draco hit his head hard on the ground and laid there, his broom a few feet away. In Harry's hand was the golden snitch. "Gryffindor wins!"

It took everything Hermione had not to run onto the field to the limp Draco. Mcgonagall rushed to the forming crowd of Slytherin, with a stretcher following behind. Draco had a nasty gash on his forehead which made his blonde hair dark with blood. His broom had spluttered on impact. Hermione watched him being taken away to the hospital wing.

"Out all of you!" Madame Promfrey said to the students crowding around Draco as he was set down on the bed. Hermione rushed through the halls toward the hospital wing, to her Slytherin prince.

Draco looked up at the ceiling at Madame Promfrey stitched his head. "You don't have any brain trauma. Just take it easy for the next few days and rest here tonight." she said and finished the last of his stitches, placing a bandage over it. Taking her supplies, she pulled his curtain closed and walked into her office, the door closing behind her.

There was a soft sound and Draco looked at his curtains. Parting, Hermione stepped through the cream colored curtains. "Hermione-" Draco began but was cut off when she threw her arms around him. Instantly, he hugged her back tightly as she buried her face into his chest.

"I was so scared when I saw you fall. I wanted to run down to the field and," Hermione sounded like she was on verge of tears. In an attempt to calm, Draco rubbed her back.

"Shush it's alright Hermione." Draco said softly to her as her sweet scent of vanilla filled the air. He kissed the top of her curly brown hair. Moving her head, Hermione rested her ear over his heart, when something caught her eye. Draco's sleeve was dark, with blood.

"Draco your sleeve. You're hurt" she moved out of his arms and took his arm going to pull up the sleeve, when he yanked his arm away before she could.

"Don't I'm fine" he said. Hermione shook her head and grabbed his arm, protesting. Again he yanked it back "Hermione don't" Draco's voice was dangerously quiet. Hearing his voice, the danger it held, Hermione back away to the curtains.

"I-I'm sorry...I'll let you rest..." Hermione said and rushed through the curtains to her room. Leaving Draco muttering 'stupid. Stupid. Stupid' in his hospital bed. Throwing herself onto the bed in her dormitory, and stayed awake all night thinking about Draco and that voice.