Chapter Sixteen

The sun shined in through the window of the room of requirement where the sleeping couple laid. It cast light into Hermione's eyes as they slowly opened. Her body felt sore at any movement. Smiling she looked over at Draco, he was peacefully sleeping. When he slept all the emotions left his face making him to look vulnerable peaceful. This Draco was something she would have never excepted from the sexy slytherin. Her heart went out to him.

His chest rose and fell with each sleeping breath he took. Hermione stared, mesmerized by the beauty of him. His mark was the only imperfection on his body. The morning light shone beautifully in his platinum hair. Oh no morning! She was suppose to leave with Ron and Harry. They must be so worried. Not able to take her eyes from the sleeping slytherin, Hermione managed to slip from his embrace to get dressed. So sore!

"So you shag and run granger?" Draco's sleepy voice filled the room. Clothed, she looked at him. He was stretched out in the bed, rubbing his eyes, the sheet covering his lower half. A soft giggle escaped her lips as she grabbed her wand and got on the bed "so you call that a shag?"

He shook his head smiling with soft gray eyes. "I call that making love. Come here" he pulled her lips down for a soft kiss. Smiling against his lips, she cupped his face. He was the one to pull back first. Grey eyes meeting her brown, she could see the sadness reflecting in his eyes. "You're leaving" he whispered as if it pained him. Which it did.

Looking down she nodded. He sat up and stroked Hermione's cheek "be safe love" he begged "if you want to see me, conjure your patronus and I will follow, no matter how far. No matter how long. I love you Hermione" his last sentence was filled with pain he was surely trying to hide. He would see her again, he thinks.

A tear fell down her cheek as she nodded "I love you too Draco" Leaning in, her lips met his in a final kiss. He could feel she was saying goodbye. Soon, too soon, he felt her lips leave. Once he opened his eyes, Draco found he was alone in the room of requirements with his clothes scattered on the floor. His tie along with Hermione, gone.