Chapter Twenty One

The scream filled the air as their knees dropped to the ground. "No please!" Ron begged as Hermione stood over him, her wand was pointed at his throat.

"Don't you ever try to curse me again. Next time, if you do I won't hold back" Hermione's voice was cold and serious. At that moment Harry ran up the hill holding his wand out. Once he assessed the situation his expression went from fear to confusion. "H-Hermione what's going on?"

Sliding her wand back into her pocket she looked at Harry "I'm leaving." With that said she walked back to the tent and shoved her belongings in her endless bag. Harry burst in after her "what do you mean you're leaving? What happened ?!" He practically screamed at her.

Hermione pulled her coat and gloves on "ask Ronald. Goodbye Harry. Good luck" she would return to Hogwarts and help Ginny and Neville. Hermione could not remain here, not with someone she didn't trust.

Harry stood there completely shocked as Hermione walked out of the tent, past Ron and into the dark woods. The flow of the river filled her ears as she walked along the river. The moon was high in the sky, the only thing illuminating her path of fresh snow.

Leaves crunched behind her as she walked farther and farther away from the tent. "Go away." Either Ron or Harry was following her as she walked. "Why should I love ?" An unfamiliar voice said from behind her. Before Hermione could even grab her wand or turn around, two strong arms grabbed her tightly. Trapping her in his arms. Hermione managed a scream before they apparated and disappeared.