Chapter Thirty Three

Spells and curses flew out in all directions. Hermione managed to deflect a curse headed her way. Flicking her head up she caught sight of a spell hitting Draco straight in the chest and sending him flying through the air toward a wall. He hit the wall with such a force it cracked and he was momentarily dazed. His father on his way to him.

Harry and Voldemort had disappeared somewhere in the chaos as students fired curses. "No!" Hermione cried out seeing Draco's limp figure and tried to make her way to him, but was found to be stopped by snatchers. They closed in on Hermione.

Lucius stood over Draco, who was coming back to his senses. A sneer was plastered on his fathers face. "This time I'll make you stay dead." He raised his wand the words of the killing curse upon his lips. With a sudden burst of energy Draco tackled his father, his wand being snapped in the process. Swiftly kicking his father in the gut. Lucius hit the stone wall with a crack.

In the process Draco was knocked back over a pile of ruble. His head cracked on the ground and he groaned. Managing to get to his feet, Lucius dusted off his death eater robes and growled at his son. "You were always a disappointment." As the man took a step to his son, the sound of crumbling rock and stone filled the air. Yanking his eyes up, Draco watched the stone wall crack and crumble upon his father. Crushing him.

Blood dripped from the cut on her lip but other than that Hermione was good. Her spells continued to shoot from her wand and protect her and her friends. The snatchers were laying on the ground, when a cackle filled the air. Turning, Hermione saw Bellatrix being killed in a duel between her and none other than Mrs. Weasley.

A weight seemed to lift off Hermione's shoulder and her arm, which had contained 'Mudblood' cease to cause her pain. The mark would finally heal now that the giver was dead. Hermione was momentarily relieved but it didn't last long when she saw Ron battling the snake, Nagini

Draco had stared at the wall that had crushed his father for what felt like eternity, but time said it was only a few seconds. Screaming brought him out of the trance he had been in. Where was Hermione? He needed to find her. To keep her safe. Scanning the crowd and firing curses when needed he caught a glimpse of those lovely toffee colored curls. Draco took off running even though his ankle was probably broke or sprained.

Pushing through the crowd of wounded fighters and death eaters. He was cut up and bloody but he had to get to Hermione. He had to.
Finally breaking through the swarm, his feet stopped dead in his tracks. Hermione laid on the ground pale and bloody. A snatcher was standing over her with a knife. His poor Hermione's throat was slit.

"No!" Draco dropped painfully to his knees and screamed as his fingers knotted in his bloody hair. Hermione's lifeless eyes glazed over at him. All the warm they previously held, was gone. Draco screamed out again.

"Riddikulus!" A voice shouted as a wand was raised.