chapter 159

"Are you okay?" Lia hands me a cup of tea as she sits across from me in their dining table.

I'm at Lia's house right now since I have nothing to do.

"Yea, I just don't know what to do with myself, you know? I feel somewhat lost now that the kids are all in school. For years, at least one kid is at home so I'm busy taking care of them" I take a sip of my tea.

"Do you have like hobbies you want to try? Or go back to school or work? What did Ryujin say?" Lia ask.

"I haven't told her that I'm feeling like this. I know she will support whatever I want to do. I feel like I should be working to help out around the house. I can't be that shameless and continue to live off her when the kids are growing up now and don't need me as much" I say.

"You're not being shameless. You two are married and it's not like you're taking advantage of her. You do a lot for her too but if you really want to work, what do you have in mind?"

"I'm not sure" I sigh.

"For years, I've just been focused on being a mother. I don't know how to be anything else" I add.

"You're still a mother. Just because they're grown up, it doesn't mean they won't need you anymore. Especially with how close you are with your kids."

"If I do start working, I'm worried that I might not be able to take care of them well. I had two working parents growing up and they always seemed busy. I know a lot of parents can do both, work and take care of their kids but I don't know if I can be one of them" I say.

"If Ryujin doesn't make you work then I say don't work. Just find hobbies to do while the kids are in school. They're not gonna be in school all year long. Elias is still pretty young too. He's only five."

"That's true" I think about it.

"Or have another kid" she chuckles.

"I don't know about that" I shake my head, "I love being a mom to young babies but I also like the idea that I'll still be young when my youngest either go to college or something else."

"But enough about me though, how are you and Chaeryeong enjoying motherhood?" I ask.

"So well that I sent my kid off to my mom so I can have a break. I don't know how you did that. Going through their baby phase three times" she laughs.

Lia and Chaeryeong adopted a baby through private adoption last year. The two finally decided to start a family together.

"I was lucky. None of the kids were really into crying" I laugh with her.

"But I do love being a mom. Those brief moments where he's not crying makes everything worth it" Lia shares.

"If you ever need help or just want someone babysit, feel free to let me know" I smile at her.

---

"Mom, we signed up for stuff today" Ervin announces right away while he gets in the car. Eva is busy helping Elias with his seatbelt.

"What did you sign up for?" I look back at him.

Dropping the kids off and picking them up from school has been one of my favorite things to do. I just love this feeling of being their mom and doing things like this.

"I signed up for volleyball" Eva sits down in the passenger seat once she's done with Elias.

Eva has grown well. She's not a little girl anymore and that makes my heart sad and happy. She's still a very sweet big sister to the other two. Her personality hasn't changed much aside from her mood swings because of puberty.