90

Nightmares.

That's all I was getting nowadays. Memories of my father being plagued by gang violence.

Memories of my mother not changing at all. New ideas of my siblings being hurt or taken by gang leaders.

I almost never actually got to sleep.

Poor Colby was always waking up after having a long day of working. He was so sweet about it though, staying up with me until I begged him to go back to sleep.

He shouldn't have to suffer with me.

I didn't want to leave the room. I felt embarrassed that my father was who he was.

He was an evil man who was a liar. He let me and my siblings grow up poor when he had millions of dollars.

While we were starving and struggling for money, he was having ravishing parties and literal fucking balls.

He was an asshole.

"Jules." Colby said as he walked into the room. "Hmm?" I mumbled and looked up at him. "You hungry?" He asked and sat next to me.

"Not really." I said as he sighed. "You should really eat something." He said quietly. "I'm not hungry." I said again.

"Okay, well we have to pick you out an outfit to wear." He said as I scrunched my brow. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"I have something planned for you." He said then stood up. "Come on." He said and held his hand out to me.

"What is it?" I asked and took his hand, letting him help me up. "You'll see." He said then led me towards the closet.

"I don't know what to wear." I mumbled and looked at all the clothes that were hanging up.

"Ya know what? I actually have an idea. Wait here." Colby said then left the room. I sighed and looked down, not even having the energy to argue with him.

He clearly was trying to do something nice but I just really wasn't in the mood for it.

After a minute he came back with a dress bag. "A new dress?" I asked as he nodded and unzipped it  revealing a baby blue sparkly gown.

"Seems a little dramatic for staying in the house." I said then pursed my lips. "I guess it could be." He said then handed it to me.

I sighed and took it. "Kat picked it out so if you don't like it, blame her." Colby said as he started getting dressed.

"It's beautiful." I said and put it on, looking in the mirror. It was a beautiful ball gown with a slit that showed my whole left leg.

"Can you help me zip it?" I asked as Colby walked over, buttoning his suit jacket. "Of course." He said then stood behind me and zipped my dress up.

"Beautiful." He said then kissed my shoulder. "Thanks." I said then turned around. "Should I put make up on?" I asked as he shrugged.

"Only if you want to. You look beautiful without it though." He said and brushed my hair behind my ear.

"I don't feel like wearing it." I said as he nodded. "Let's go then." He said and took my hand.

I let him lead me out of the room and towards the stairs.

I could hear music playing which meant we were having some sort of party.

I hated that I found myself freezing from the anxiety.

"Hey..it's okay." Colby said and turned to me. "Something's gonna happen." I said and took a step back from him.

"Nothing is going to happen, sweetheart. It's just us. You, me, Sam, Kat, Corey, Jake, Tara, Devyn, Stas, and Nate. That's it." He explained and put his hands on my shoulders.