Chapter Twenty Seven

"I don't want it

"I don't want it." I whisper, I would rather die a peaceful death than have his heart in my body. My entire life I have been trying to run away from him, my entire life I have been abused my him. I cannot handle the thought of having his heart inside of me. I could tell, Adonis was shocked at my words.

"Catherine-it is a healthy heart." Adonis speaks, crouching down as he look me in the eyes.

"I don't want his heart inside of me Adonis." Adonis stands up and holds onto his face, I could tell he was stressed at my answer.

"Ms Moore, this is your only option...he is your husband which is the reason only you can decide who has his heart."

"How did he die?"

"He was in a car accident...a hit and run."

"Catherine-"

"Enough! Just stop it, that man raped me-he fucking raped me, he abused me, and he killed my daughter! So, no Adonis, I do not want his heart inside of me. A heart of a killer."

His jaw tenses, and I watch Alexandra leave the room with Adeline. The doctor offers us some privacy and shuts the door behind her, I hold onto my jaw as tears drop one by one. Maxwell Kelvin is brain dead, and my only option is to have his heart.

And as much as I want to live to see a future with Adonis, having the heart of my rapist inside of me is just something I cannot handle.

"Can you please leave me alone?" I ask kindly, Adonis hesitates but notices that I just need some space.

I already regret it, shouting at him. All he wants to do is care for me, I slowly stand up as he shuts the door behind him and look out the window. As if awaiting answers from the sky, I look back and see no one near the bedroom.

I muster all the strength in my body, open the door and go on to look for his room. My fingers push a strand of my hair behind my ears, it took me almost twenty minutes before I see him on life support. I open the door and close it behind me, he looked absolutely awful.

Maxwell finally got what he deserved.

I may be an awful human being for thinking such madness, but I stand with no regret. "It's sad, I feel sorry for you." I whisper, settling down onto the chair. "I feel sorry for you because...you died a rapist, an abuser...a killer." I adjusts myself and move closer to him, I stroke his cheeks.

I look at him for a good minute, "and to think-to think you would die...you took so much from me. You took my daughter; you took my dignity, and you took my spirit and will to live."

And now I have the power to kill you, to kill you the way you killed her.

Now that I look at him, my fingers graze down his body only to see something printed on his arms. I raise a confused brow and raise the sleeve of his gown to see two swords. I remember these two swords, they belonged to-