Chapter Twenty Eight

SHORT CHAPTER SADLY

SHORT CHAPTER SADLY...

Soon, a layer of salt encrusted her eyelashes, and she could taste it on her cracked lips. She whooped and yelled at the raging sea, as if its raw power was seeping into every pore. Then came the big one, and she braced herself for the impact.

But then the water receded down the beach.

Her muscles had frozen in place; there was no escape.

In that frozen moment as she faced the black wall of water, she remembered running into waves as a child, how they engulfed her and dragged her up the pebbled beach gasping for air.

When these boats of nature's tide, these free sailing sun-kissed branches, come to rest upon either pebbles or golden sands, they sit as kings adoring the seawater view.

The beach stretched out alongside the water, upon this primrose sand, the hue as gentle on the eye as a vintage photograph, there is a steady warmth from the grains.

Already the stars glow as if they have kept a pocket of the daytime to shine all through the night sky. The sand is the gentlest hue of gold, almost earthen and muted, the humble star of the scene.

The ocean breeze whispers like a lover, placing salty kisses on my cheek and tousling my long auburn hair. On days like this it playfully fillies the sails of the harbour boats, flutters their flags and pushes along the clouds.

This breeze is just a mere hint of its power, that when roused it can toss whole ships like toys to smash on the rocks. The ocean breeze is enough to blow errant strands of hair back toward the road behind, but not sufficient to bring the keen bite of winter wind.

The beach was a blaze of parasols, hot colours to match the burning sand underfoot. Against the percussion of the waves was the laughter, coming in bursts and rolling like the ocean.

Catherine lifted her shoes from the dissolving sand, noticing how late it has gotten. She gazed up to the sky once more, as night fell the blue haze of day lifted to reveal the stars. Then she turns to face me, I was on one knee.

She drops her shoes and covers her mouth shockingly, "Catherine-I once asked you what you thought about the surname Nicolaides and you said you hated it...Before you say yes to the proposal, there is one thing you have to consider-" Catherine rose a brow.

"And what is that?"

I hold in my laughter; she already knows I'm going for the joke. "On one hand, you get a really nice ring, but on the other hand, you won't." Catherine gives me an 'are you serious look?' and then turns away.

Is she-Wait is she actually walking away?

I stand up in shock.

She then turns around and runs into my arms, I drop the box and catch her as she wraps her hands around my neck and legs around my waist. She kisses me over and over again, "yes!" She screams, I chuckle and finally breathe again.

I kiss her deeply and rush my fingers through her blonde hair.

"We have a slight problem..." I whisper.

"What?"

"...I took the ring out of the box and-well...then you came-"

"Adonis!" I scratch the back of my head once she releases herself from my arms, she looks down at the sand and then back at me.

"Now don't blame me! You attacked me like some pigeon or something-"

"Or something? Fuck you Adonis."

"I want you to." I wink, she pushes me gently and then turns to the sand. "I'm only joking snowflake, dry your tears and give me your hand."

Her head snaps towards me, and I took this as my signal to run. I rushed towards the water and watched her run after me, she holds onto her flowing dress as laughter exits her mouth.

Once she reaches me, I take her hand and push the ring on.

"Is that to your liking Mrs Nicolaides?" I smirk and look at her, she examines it for a few minutes.

"You could have done better; I would have liked a little more sparkle, but it will do I guess..." She whispers, her blue eyes lock with mine before she laughs. "I love it, I love it so much. Thank you." She leans onto me and kisses me; I rest a hand onto her lower back.

"One more joke before another surprise?" She rose a brow, and sighs.

"Maybe this is the negative factor of our marriage, listening to all your stupid and unfunny jokes." Her arms fold, I walk towards the basket

"I think you've been cheating Mrs Nicolaides,"

"And how is that Mr Nicolaides?"

"I don't know but I'm sticking to my guns." I take out two water guns and see her actually release a laugh but tries to hide it with the back of her hand. I spray her, she screams and tries to take cover. I throw her a water gun and she catches it with ease, and it was in this moment that I knew I found my soul mate.

I found my soulmate and she is the exact same as me, Catherine Moore is the love of my life, and I will gladly give her the world if I could. She deserve it-if so more.

Her eyes were the blue of every dancing sky, a kaleidoscope of hues illuminated by new light. Her eyes were like fire in water, if you can imagine that.

They were ice-cold passion. So, I knew right away that she'd be a special friend, never dominating or submitting, but a friend who walks freely alongside. And she was all of that and more.

She is my wife now.

There were days when she looked at me with such love and playfulness that her and my blue eyes transformed into butterfly wings.

We have been through so much

I, Adonis, promise to cherish and love Catherine until someone rips my heart out physically.

Catherine Nicolaides, I love you. 

Let's see whose heart fails first, lol. 

THE END

This is the end of The Little Lie.

I hope you enjoyed this book as much as I have writing it, I read all the comments and too see everyone so indulged...makes me feel like a good writer. 

Thank you for reading!

Go check out my new book : The Silent Neighbour!