Hollywood Here We Come, Part 2

LOS ANGELES, CA

ONE DAY TILL NATIONALS

"Okay group routines. We have "Amber Alert." I'm nervous about it. It's about a little girl being kidnapped and it's just chilling. Just the title should get the audience's attention. Isn't it haunting? It's chilling. You get it on your phone. Your routine is not chilling. Your routine is a hot mess right now."

"Hollywood Stars." Abby turns toward the select team, "You need to be flawless. Your firsts national competition with the ALDC could be your last. If your group wins, then, I'm sure we have a future together. If not, it was good while it lasted."

She then had Kamryn, Chloe and Kendall step forward, "You have solos tomorrow. Kamryn, if you lose, consider yourself out. Kendall, you have been in Maddie's shadow for quite some time. If you go out there and nail that number, then, maybe you will see your name in lights. Chloe, I suggest you get in front of a mirror and work on your confidence. "

Once they were dismissed and had warmed up it was time for the select team to work on their group number. The girls were laser-focused, they wanted to win not so they could stay with the ALDC, but because they wanted to prove to everyone, that they are better than anyone thought they were.

*Amelia's Interview*

"The girls are under a lot of stress this week, with nationals and Abby's ultimatum. It's win or go home and at this point, I'm not sure which Cassie would prefer."

THE DAY OF NATIONALS

When the ALDC shows up to the venue they are met with dancers standing outside holding up apples as the girls walk past.

Cassie waves as she passes Liam and heads with the team to their huge dressing room.

It is a whirlwind of hair and make-up all made more chaotic by Abby and the elite team mom's anger over the Candy Apple's using the song Chandelier.

*Amelia's Interview*

"I don't fully understand why everyone is so worked up over a song. So what if Maddie happened to do a music video to it? In the end, it's just a song."

The select girls went backstage to cheer Kamryn on from the side. "You're going to be amazing out there don't worry." Cassie tried to ease her worries with a hug.

The other girls soon piled on a tried to fill the girl with confidence.

"Continuing on, number 26, "This is the Start."

Kamryn was solo was beautiful and was going fantastic until she fell running backward, but she continued seamlessly.

As Kamryn walked off stage she was wrapped in a hug by Tea' "You saved it, you saved it!" she cheered.

They went back to the dressing room the whole way telling Kamryn how amazing her dance was.

The girls then quickly change and get focused on the group number. Not caring when Maddie randomly started doing the Sia dance when a Candy Apples mom walked by playing the music.

"13 weeks in a row you won. Till these guys showed up. I want a team of number ones. Select team...if you're not the overall high score winners of this entire competition, I don't really need you."

"We need to win this. Not for Abby, but for each other and for Ava and Sarah too." Cassandra tells her team.

"We got this!" Tea' cheers.

"Let's go out there and perform for us," Sarah adds

"Group hug!" Kamryn says as she brings the girls in for a hug.

"In the contemporary category, moving into number 61, it's "Hollywood Star."

The dance was gorgeous and the girls did amazing as they came off the stage they cheered and had another group hug.

SOLO AWARDS

"In ninth place...join me in congratulating Miss Kendall, with act number 28, "My Name in Lights," From Abby Lee Dance Company."

"So at this time join me in congratulating, in sixth place...Miss Kamryn, with act number 26, "This is the Start," from the Abby Lee Dance Company."

"In fifth place...join me in congratulating Miss Chloe, with act number 29, "Soaring," from the Abby Lee Dance Company.

GROUP AWARDS

"Fifth highest group routine...act number 65, "Chandelier," from Candy Apples Dance Center."

"In second place, join me in congratulating act number 61, "Hollywood Stars," from the Abby Lee Dance Company."

The girls send Kamryn to get the award as they talked in hushed voices worried about the future.

The elite team had won first overall and were national title winners.

When the girls get back into the locker they are faced with a crying Kendall.

*Cassandra's Interview"

"I don't want to downplay Kendall's feelings, but she's crying about getting ninth in front of the group who was told if they didn't come in first they were gone. So I hope you understand my lack of empathy."

"Wow. Tumultuous ending. The select team did its job. Yes, you pushed the junior elite competition team to the next level. And now, today, after that victory onstage, it's clear: They've pushed you right out the door. Goodbye."

*Amelia's Interview*

"I understood going into this, that the select team would not last forever. But to end it all with a 'You served your purpose. Goodbye." doesn't sit right with me. I don't think Cassie and I will be returning to the ALDC."