18

Ivy's eyes opens while hearing many muffled voices speaking around her. With her blurred vision, she tries to make the outline of the person standing close to her. With much difficulty she finally get it that it was Lucifer.

Lucifer's eyes randomly makes contact with her. The medicines must have made her so dizzy that she almost thought that he was softly smiling down at her. He won't really smile right and he doesn't know gentleness- so whatever she is seeing must be hallucination.

A tear rolled down her cheek as she blinks slowly. Her eyes closes but it slowly opens again when she feels a hand wiping her tear away. Looking up she again finds Lucifer softly patting her head.

"It's going to be ok, my little star." Ivy slowly blinks at his words and her eyes again closes.

*************

Ivy whimpers, her body tries to twist in her sleep when she feels an uncomfortable ache in her arm. The pain brings tears under her closed eyes. But it dulls a bit when she is embraced in the warmth.

"I am right here little star." Her body relaxes momentarily. The pain slowly fades away into nothing and Ivy falls into a deep slumber again.

*************

The next moment when her eyes opened, she was feeling fully conscious. Looking around, she finds herself in an unfamiliar room. The pastel blue color and the white interior felt pretty to her eyes.

Ivy sat up slightly wincing at the small tinge of inner pain in the area near her collarbone. The pain submerged slowly. She feels the tender area with her fingers. There are bandages on top of her skin.

She slowly tries to stand up but as her feet connected with the floor, her legs collapses but she is embraced in someone's arms.

"Take things slow Ivy." Looking up, she finds Valentino staring at her with a gentle expression on his face. He carefully gathers her in his arms and lifts her up.

Ivy presses her cheek against his shoulder as he started to move out of the room. He takes her in the mansion's garden and slowly settles her down on the swing.

"Thank y-you." She heavily croaks out through her dry throat. The soft breeze, the fresh air soothes her nerves and avertes her mind's attention from everything.

"Here...." She looks at the glass of orange juice in Valentino's hand. Greedily, she takes large sips of the cold drink.

After finishing it up, she looks down at her hands that are laying flat on her thighs. Her heart shudders just remembering that night. Her face pales. Valentino stares down at her concerned.

His phone rings and he was about to move out of there but he pauses in his steps when a small trembling hand wraps it way around his.

"D-don't leave me." Valentino's heart breaks into little pieces when he looks down at her teary eyes.

"I am not leaving Ivy. I am right here...." He crouches down in front of her and wipes a stray tear off her face.

"Shh. Don't cry pretty girl." He grabs her face in between his hands and shakes his head.

Ivy whimpers at the pain that is slowly gripping around her wound.

"It hurts...."

"It's going to be ok." He presses his lips down on her forehead. He takes a seat beside her on the swing as she lies her head down on his lap, softly whimpering.

The pain relieving medicines that he mixed in her drink earlier worked. Her contorted facial expressions smooths slowly. He kept running his fingers through her hair when suddenly a flashback hit him.

****************

"Bubba.." A small 2 years old Ivy giggled, barging in her oldest brother's room.

"Wakey..wakey.Tony..." She jumped over his bed, calling his nickname and tried to wake him up by poking his chest.

A 12 years old Valentino tiredly opened his eyes and they made contact with a little ball of sunshine who was keep jumping up and down on his bed.

"Ivy. It's only 7 in the morning. Go to sleep." He grabs her and lay her down beside him and starts to pat her head.

"Nu-uh bubba you pwomise to pway with me. Uppie uppie pwease...."

Valentino smiled at her adorable rambling and opened his one eye to look at her.

"Pweaseee." Her puppy eyes were the hardest to resist. It was like her charm that easily worked on Valentino.

"Stop being so cute." He pecked her forehead and sat up.

Ivy's face brightened with a huge smile and she carefully jumped down from his bed. She grabbed his hand and started to tug him out of the room.

They made their way into the garden. Ivy giggled and danced around him while blabbering gibberish about her being a princess. Valentino just watched her with a smile.

****************

Valentino flinched when he feel a small hand touching his face. He looks down at Ivy who wiped his tears away.

"Do you want a hug?" She asks in a hushed tone. Valentino's heart melts right there. He carefully wraps his huge muscular arms around her petite form.

Ivy snuggles in his chest. It felt like hours went by and they remained in the same position.

Hope you like this Chapter. Share your views..

Get early access to the completed book on patreon. Link's in my profile...