My Inspiration - Sam x reader (f)

"Anybody home?" I joked, stepping through the front door of Sam's new tiny home as he stepped in behind me. 

"I can't believe I asked you to help me move in. You are such a dork," he teased before kissing my forehead. 

"I love you even when you bully me," I pouted. 

"Want to christen the new bed?" Sam smiled knowingly as he pulled me close to him by my waist. I bit my lip and blushed a bit.

"I mean, if you're sure we got the last of the boxes from the car."

"Does it matter?" Sam laughed as he scooped me up and threw me over his shoulder. 

"Save me," I jokingly cried. "I've been grabbed by a giant!"

"I can't help it that you're five feet tall."

"Five feet and TWO inches, mister."

"Oh, well excuse me then," he laughed while rolling his eyes. "So you're still more than a foot shorter than I am. It just makes it easier to steal you away."

He carried me to his bedroom and gently tossed me onto the bed. Even if I asked him to be rough in a fun way, he really didn't seem to have it in him. This softie didn't seem like some rough lawyer he would have to be in a few short years. I was really proud that he had saved enough to put a deposit on his own house by the time we were graduating. Two months from graduation and I still felt like I had no idea what I was doing with my life. 

"Sam, I love you," I smiled up at him. He was now on top of me with his weight on his knees and elbows. He had me right where he wanted me, but he seemed surprised by my sweet comment rather than something sexual. 

"I love you so much, (Y/N)." He leaned down and kissed me sweetly rather than in the needy manner he had been presenting before. He put a hand in my hair and started massaging my head while he moved down and kissed my neck. This man knew exactly how to kill me. 

Suddenly he stopped all of it and stood up entirely. I was understandably very confused. 

"Is everything okay, Sam?" He looked a little bit nervous all of a sudden and started patting his pockets seeming to look for something. "Did I do something? Or not do something you wanted?"

"(Y/N), you are completely perfect," he beamed. "I just wasn't sure how to do this but I think now is as good a time as I am going to get. I was planning for our anniversary but I don't think I can wait that long."

"Wait for what?" We had already done everything I could think of that he could be waiting for. We'd been dating for almost four years at this point. 

"(Y/N), I wouldn't have been able to get through my Pre-Law program without you. You have supported me through everything and I couldn't be more grateful. I owe everything wonderful in my life to you. I actually bought this house to share with you."

"Oh my god, Sam. Are you asking me to move in?" I couldn't help but smile and let a tear or two fall. 

"Well, actually," he said, fumbling in his pockets. "(Y/N), I can't see a future without you. You are my inspiration. You make me feel things I didn't think I could feel anymore. You know about my trauma and still are here for me despite my damage. You take care of me. I just want to spend the rest of our lives taking care of you and giving you the happiness you deserve. Please, (Y/N), will you marry me?"

"Yes. Yes!" I cried, hugging Sam to me. He had finally found the beautiful, simplistic ring he bought for me. I put it on and planned to never take it off.

-------------------

A/N

Short but sweet. Let me know your thoughts!