Thirty-Four

Sage Williams

Sage Williams

Past

He had been avoiding me at all costs.

I totally understood though, he had football all day.

"I'm going to kill him." I sighed. "Not literally, I couldn't kill him– I mean, how could you kill the one person that you can't live without you know? He just has to look at me in a certain way and I swear he makes every single butterfly I had ever seen appear in my stomach. Do you blame me?" I shivered thinking about his bright blue eyes.

They were so blue, that sometimes they looked like they could've been silver. Although he had somewhat lighter hair when we were younger, it grew more like his dad every day. It was darker and shaggier. It had a slight wave to it– like his dad's too.

He had his mom's nose and his mom's smile. He had his dad's laugh, and his eyes would crinkle around the sides anytime something would amuse him. The best kind of laughter from him is when he would fight the urge to try to laugh at something.

I would always end up doing something stupid on purpose whether it would be making a silly face or tickling him– he would crack a smile and eventually let out this obnoxious laugh that he wouldn't dare let anyone else hear but me.

I had always wondered when the infatuation with him started but honestly, it was from the moment we met on that damn playground. The way he pulled my pigtail and smashed my dirt and stick figure friends. The way that he took care of the caterpillars before accidentally sending them to heaven.

The way he would share his lunches with me, even if I brought my own. Sometimes, the ones I brought mysteriously went missing, and secretly, I believed that he hid them from me just so he could gain extra time next to me.

But our first kiss was magical.

Our first date was magical.

He was so charming, so kind, and so caring. He was a lover, a protector, and a best friend built into one. Wherever I went, he went. Whatever I said, he followed. Whatever I wanted, I got. Whatever I needed, I would get it in seconds.