Chapter 16 - How To Become An Air Raid 101

'Thought'
"Speak"

~~~~~~~~~~

Zhongli ended up making a mini funeral for the dead bird and now there was a mini grave beside the statue of the seven. It was a way to avoid eating the food but still be somewhat respectful. Kinda. You were still a bit pissed but hey, old man head paps were the best. Zhongli had brought you back to yujing terrace and had placed you on the table. Now, he was letting you while you were loafing on it. Your ears pricked up and when you heard Aether's footsteps against the stone flooring and turned your head in his direction. He held the cleansing bell on top of some sort of mini backpack in his arms. "Indeed. This is the cleansing bell. It seems to be in good condition. Let's place the perfume we prepared inside." Zhongli said while inspecting the bell. "Do you know madame Ping?" Aether asked while preparing the perfume and cleansing bell. "Of course. How would O know that the bell was with her otherwise?" Zhongli said. "That's suspicious. But if you don't want to talk about it, we won't pry."  Paimon said while popping up beside Aether. "Oh yeah! That old granny told us to tell you something." She then cleared her throat. "If you have the time, you can come over for tea. I don't have much to offer, but you can always count on an old lady for a pot of tea." Paimon said while trying to mimic madame Ping's voice. "Ha, that tone does not suit you. Still, her teapot is indeed very good. There are none better for brewing tea. When a suitable time arrives, I'll bring a pot of fine tea and bring her a visit." Zhongli said while you bit him for stopping petting you.

"Now that we're done with the cleansing bell, we should test out the glider we got for Fluffy!" Paimon said as she gestured to the mini backpack Aether was holding. It was made out of a durable f/c cloth. It also had some golden parts that held some parts together. Aether removed your harness and removed your sigil, and placed it into the backpack thing. He then put the backpack on you. After putting it on, he held you up like Simba and then dropped you. You turned around to bite him but was only able to get his kneecaps as you were slowly gliding down. You looked to your side and saw wings made of black fading to h/c feathers sprout out from the backpack. They also had some golden speckled here and there.

 They also had some golden speckled here and there

(idk how to draw wings so there)

"Well that went better than expected." Aether said while the wings retracted back into your backpack. "What did you expect to happen?" Paimon asked. "That she gets fractured, or she doesn't end up gliding and falls into the floor and chases us for several weeks straight again." Aether said with a straight face. "I'm sorry, they did what?" Zhongli said while looking at Aether. "Anyway, what do we do next again?" Paimon asked. "...Next we need to purchase kites." Zhongli said. "And hope Fluffy doesn't destroy them." Aether added. You jumped onto the railing and glided down onto the streets then made your way to the toy seller where you waited. It was definitely something new. It was fun jumping through the roof but sometimes you could get lost. To you, the best part was the faces of the liyue citizens seeing a cat gliding down from yujing terrace.

Zhongli and Aether took very long to get to the toy seller but they got there eventually "Ah, sir, you're here. The seven kites that you asked for have been made to order. Would you like to take them now?" The old lady toy seller asked. "Yes, thank you." Zhongli said. You let them talk while you inspected your new backpack. It was light but it still had weight to it. The backpack seemed really spacious so you could store all sorts of stuff in there. Maybe you could steal one of the fatui guns and just keep it in there. It would be funny to see someone's reaction to seeing a cat lugging around a gun everywhere. Maybe you could even find a way to use it. Screw catalyst cat, it's cat with a gun. "Well, allow me." You snapped your head in the direction of Childe's voice. "Hey, it's Childe!" Paimon said. "Did you arrange to meet here?" Aether asked with suspicion. "Haha, no. I was merely passing through." Childe explained. "I see Mr. Zhongli is the same as ever. When paying- Well, when getting others to pay for him, he neither looks at the price tag nor his wallet. He knows a great deal about money and the trials of the common man. He just doesn't consider poverty that could be something to happen to him. Or perhaps, you could say that he could not imagine himself lacking money." Childe said with a smile. "Nah, he's just poor or has dementia." Childe looked at you with a smile. "What's this? Fluffy's harness looks quite different from what I remember." Childe said. "I got them a glider and storage." Aether said. "My, I didn't expect you to spoil them so much!" Childe said while laughing. "I'm not spoiling them, they just need it so they can be safer while exploring." Aether reasoned. "Suure, keep telling yourself that." Childe said.