Chapter 1: When Ghosts Die

It is me, AgentT. Here with another Fanfic. I hope you all like it, this is just a beta chapter to see how this is received. If you guys like it, I will continue it.

For context on those who don't know Fnaf, Charlie is the puppet and the daughter of Henry Emily, William Afton's business partner and the founder of Freddy Fazbear's. 

Consider joining my discord: 

https://discord.gg/UmE99xqWUU 

________________________________________________________________________________

Charlie's pov: 

"Do you really need to keep tormenting him? It has been fifty years.." I couldn't help but stare at the sad man in the nightguard uniform, maybe not even a man any longer. Just a purple mass of rotting flesh. 

"You don't feel sorry for  AFTON. Do you?" I glanced to the girl next to me, or maybe she used to be a girl, I could only see small red dots of eyes through the fredbear mask. 

"No, of course not. I just don't think there is any reason to continue torturing him, it does no good. Don't you think it is time for us to move on? Everyone else... They are already gone.." 

"Sorry. The agony in the physical world still affects me, at times.. But who cares if they are all gone? I still have you, Charlie. You gave us life when we were damned by that monster. Just the two of us, are still here to punish him." She gestured out to her creation, the metal of her springlock suit creaked as she did. 

I looked out upon this little section of the flipside, and sighed. A pizzeria, just like every Freddy's location. Moldy and dusty, unsanitary. Inside was a monster, and phantoms of the monsters he created. 

"I am tired, Cassidy." 

"Tired? What do you mean? You should have enough remnant to stay, maybe your father didn't when he died, but you do. You put me back together, Charlie.." The girl turned to me so fast her hair whipped to the side from under the mask. 

She spared no time grabbing me by the shoulders. "You aren't thinking of moving on, are you Charlie? We don't even know where they go.. What if there really isn't anything after this?" 

"So what if there isn't? What do we have here, on the flipside. I've seen nothing but our phantoms for... years. You can still watch the physical world through those contraptions.. I don't have that.." 

"The tears are on your mask again." She stepped back, and sighed. "I get it, ok? It is boring. Maybe we could try to make something interesting?" 

"Maybe.. Maybe. I hope the others are doing well, where-ever they are.." I could almost feel the soul inside me blinking and losing power. 

"Charlie!" I only felt Cassidy grab my arm for a moment before, it all faded away. 

...

{Notice: non-standard soul structure detected.}

'Well, considering what I've been through. I'd think so.' It was as if I didn't exist, but I could still think. 

'This is a familiar feeling.. Almost like I am back out in that alleyway again. Before the security puppet got to me.' 

{Notice: Would you like a body befitting your soul to be designed?} 

{Y/N}

'Uh? Sure? Who are you by the way?' 

{Notice: Suitable race found.} 

'Found? Huh? So there have been others of whatever I'm becoming? Answer the question though. I wanna know who you are.' 

{Notice: Will recognized, acquiring Extra skill, Sage... Successful.}

'You aren't calling me old, are you? I know I am.. but it still hurts, ya know? I'm only over a hundred, you damn monotone voice!' 

{Notice: Will recognized, Extra skill Sage will be evolved into Unique skill Wisened One... Successful} 

'Guess that is a bit more respectful. I gave dozens of lost souls life, you know? A second chance.. Oh, It has been so long...' 

{Notice: Will recognized, acquiring Unique skill Giver... Successful.}

'Yeah! That is right.. Maybe this time I shouldn't be so charitable though.. I just want to have friends again..' 

{Notice: Will recognized, acquiring Extra skill Find Familiar... Successful.} 

'Seriously.. What is a skill?' 

Suddenly I was assaulted by a massive flash of light. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Cassidy pov: 

Charlie faded right out of my grasp.. I could feel that bloody surge of emotion well up within me. The impulse to just, kill something. "Charlie.. How could you... Leave me all alone.." 

I just closed my eyes tightly and warped to Afton. I needed to release some anger. So I started by taking the form of one of my favorites, the Golden Freddy shell. Sitting right on his floor. 

I watched as Afton glanced around the room quickly, he closed the door. He didn't notice me though. 

I felt a little excitement as the seconds ticked by, until finally, I warped right in front of him and blacked out his form. "Aheheheh... That.. Didn't really help.." 

I got back into my normal form and sat on the desk, 'Might as well have a chat with the monster.. I can't talk to anyone else.. I don't wanna think about it yet.. I'll deal with that loss.. later..' 

Suddenly I felt his presence behind me again, and glanced over my shoulder to see him in his purple uniform, and disgusting purple flesh. "Tormenter.." 

"Hey.. William." 

"Why would you come here? Did you come just to rub it in my face again.. To make me feel further regret for my actions? Shouldn't you be dealing with that piece of me that broke off twenty years ago?" 

"Charlie disappeared, like the others.." 

"Henry's girl? She was incredibly powerful, how could she disappear?" Afton took off the night guard hat and set it on the desk. 

"I don't know, she seemed to be tired... Then, as I looked at her, I noticed she was fading away.. I wasn't fast enough to stop it." I reached up, and took off the head of my suit. 

"You call me disturbing, but your face may be worse, tormenter.." 

I reached out and grabbed him by the throat, squeezing just hard enough to make him shut up. "You have no right to say that to me! I'm only like this because of you!" 

The monster sputtered, and groaned, until it fell over limp. He faded away again, right after. 

So, I sat there and waited for him to appear again, it usually didn't take long. 

I just kept sitting there, and sitting there. 

After hours.. He still hadn't come back. "Where are you, old man?" 

I felt around me, reaching out with my remnant. I couldn't feel his soul anywhere. It is as if he had just disappeared. "AFTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" 

________________________________________________________________________________

Charlie's pov: 

When the light cleared, I found myself in a cave. "Well, that was sensory overload. I haven't seen this much actual stuff for a long time.." So I started examining the stuff around me, lots of rocks, herbs, little puddles of water, and chunks of what looked like rainbow metal. 

'What is that ungodly sensation?' I lifted myself off the ground to see, I was still a puppet. "Huh.. So my soul still sees me as the security puppet, I guess.." 

"Hmmm.. Not quite, the puppet's arms were thinner.. This is sorta, inbetween?.. It reminds me of Cassidy's springlock suit actually.." So I did the next logical thing, and tried to take off the mask I could tell I had on at the edges of my vision. 

After several minutes of struggling, I deduced that it was in fact, attached to my head somehow. It wasn't coming off. 'Well, at least I have hair now.. People won't call me a boy for once!' 

"At least this isn't boring.." I sat down, and examined myself a bit more closely, it was as if I was a model of a young girl inside a springlock suit that looked just like the puppet. "Maybe I could get away meeting people this way? I at least.. sort of resemble one now." 

'What exactly am I though?' 

"Augh!" My head suddenly burned with a bunch of information. 'Maybe tell me a bit slower next time?..' 

"Ok, so I am like, a soul metal spirit? I guess I formed from this metal stuff all around here.. Ah. Magisteel." I wouldn't stop talking to myself like this for some time. 

... 

'Wait, I can figure out what a skill is now!' 

The thought immediately caused that searing sensation of a bunch of information being hammered into my brain again, but I'd gotten used to it. "Ok, ok. So they have tiers, and subskills, each one works differently.. Alright. Let's try this.. Spatial Manipulation. I wanna see what outside the cave looks like..." 

So, I input some random coordinates, really high so I definitely wouldn't be underground. 

"AHHHH!!" The ground was promptly rushing toward me at a speed lightning wouldn't scoff at. 

"GO BACK GO BACK!" I slammed my face right into the ground of the cave, and heard a crack. 'I hope that wasn't me..' 

Luckily I didn't feel hurt, and when I looked, it was just the rocks. "Good good.. Never doing that again." 

'What about that sensation then?' 

"Magicules? Like, little bits of magic? Sounds kinda like agony.." Regardless, I tried to feel for these magicules, whatever they are. 

{Notice: Would you like to acquire Extra skill, Magic Sense?} 

'Yes.. That weird voice again..' 

Suddenly, I got another rush of information, as if I had used all my remnant back on earth to look around the pizzeria. I could see everything, from every angle. All through these little bits of magic. 

"AUUGHHH! That is way worse!" 

________________________________________________________________________________

-1520 words-