𝟖 | 𝐈𝐧𝐞𝐟𝐟𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞

𝒊𝒏𝒆𝓯𝓯𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 - 𝒕𝒐𝒐 𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒐𝒓 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒄𝒓𝒊𝒃𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔┈┈┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈┈┈

┈┈┈┈┈𖥸┈┈┈┈┈

You can't wipe the smile off your face after Su-Hyeok's confession, your features permanently settled into perpetual bliss even as he joins the rest of the group and you head over toward Nam-Ra. Without fail, Su-Hyeok makes it his mission to catch your eye across the room, and every time he does, his face will just split into the biggest grin he can manage. To you, it's the most adorable thing ever, the sight crinkling your eyes into crescents, like half-moons have risen above your cheeks as you shy away endearingly.

Nam-Ra doesn't see you approaching, much too spaced out until you make your presence known as you kneel down and remove her hand still tied to the leg chair she was sitting on. "Are you guaranteed that's safe for you to do?" She surveys you inquisitively, unsure.

"You're my friend, above all things. I don't see you as anything—anyone—else other than Nam-Ra." Not allowing her a chance to list reasons as to why you shouldn't be within proximal distance, you wrap your arms around her in a firm embrace, which she naturally returns, welcoming and heartfelt.

"How are you not fearful?" she probes, hugging you tighter.

"You've certainly not given me cause to, so unless you do, nothing has changed." You pull away and jut out the camera cradled in your palm toward her.

Nam-Ra takes it gingerly, gazing up and down between the device and you. "What's this for?"

You switch it on and curl her fingers around it. "We've all recorded short video messages for loved ones." When she still stares, indifferently, you elaborate. "It can be a diary in a way, for whoever might find these clips when we leave here. You don't have to say anything if you don't want to."

"No," Nam-Ra responds, "I want to." She raises the camera up high to capture her face properly. "Hi, Mom. Remember when I told you about the only friend I made and you didn't believe me?" The camera points toward you, and you bow, albeit virtually, for propriety's sake. "This is her." Nam-Ra shifts the camera back on herself, beaming faintly. "She's one of the best friends I've ever had the pleasure of gaining, and I'm glad we met. You were right all along about me needing to be more outgoing and open to others, because if I knew just how many good friendships I missed out on all this while, I'd give anything for the chance go back and have a do-over. I hope to see you soon, and you can tell me 'I told you so' as much as your heart desires, okay, Mom?"

Not a second has passed since Nam-Ra turns off the device before her head swivels toward the door, her body following soon after, the red fabric still dangling from her wrist. You trail behind and wrap it around her wrist tightly, tying it off so it doesn't get in her way.

"I overheard something odd." Nam-Ra stands stagnant facing the door, and at the sound of her voice, everyone follows suit. Being the closest one, you strain your ears to make out what Nam-Ra is alluding to.

"What if she's turning?" an unsettled Hyo-Ryung murmurs to On-Jo, indicating at Nam-Ra's arm that's now free from any sort of bind.

"I thought hambies didn't morph?" Dae-Su speaks lowly into Hyo-Ryung's ear, triggering her to shiver and jerkily lean away. How she didn't notice his loud breathing next to her is beyond your comprehension.