14

Alli
"Shit!" I yelled, seeing the piece of wood break from the door, letting the herd of walkers in. I watched for a second to see if Carl and I could kill them all, but there were too many. "Come on!" Carl said urgently, then grabbed my hand and started sprinting towards the front of the store.

"Doors broke! Meet out front!" I shouted for the rest of the group to hear, Carl and I kept running. We were pretty far ahead of them for now, but we just need to get out. We approached the sliding doors of an exit, they were closed. Carl tried to pry it open, I helped, but we couldn't get them open. "Damn, is there another one?" He asked, looking around. The herd was getting closer.

"They're blocking our path to the doors" I said, trying to pry the door again. "Shit" I muttered again, Carl and I had gotten it open a crack. "They're getting closer!" I told him through my struggling, they were about 20 feet from closing in on us now. I started to shoot a few with my pistol, Carl got the door open a bit more.

My gun ran out of bullets as they were about ten feet away. "Fuck, what to we do?" I asked him, trying to pull the door open more, looking behind me at the walkers. "I don't know" He shot at them until his gun ran out. "Get it open! I'll keep them back!" I ordered, pulling out my knife. I started stabbing them as quickly as I could, trying to block them with whatever was around us.

It was buying a few seconds, not enough time. I switched to my crossbow, just smacking groups of them in the head, there wouldn't be enough time to load or reload it. "Got it!" Carl yelled, grabbing my hand and yanking me out the door with him. We both took off into a dead sprint, getting as far from the herd as we could.

I saw the others at the truck "Herd! We gotta move!" Carl shouted to them as we ran. They all got in the car, waiting for us to jump into the backseat, which we did quickly. Carl slammed the door shut and Michonne sped away from the herd. "Go around back, we can get them from there" Glenn said and she nodded, driving around the store. Carl and I were still panting, trying to catch our breath.

"What the hell happened to you two? You should've had plenty of time to get away" Daryl asked and I took a few more breaths "the door.....was stuck...we almost
died" I explained between breaths. I looked at my crossbow, there was blood all over it. I picked it up, examining it.

"Shit" I said again as I looked at the bow, Maggie glanced at me "what's wrong?" she asked and I frowned "the drawstring, it must've snapped when I was hitting walkers, it's useless now" I sighed, putting it back onto the floor of the car.

"We've got another one back at the prison, you can have it." Daryl said and I nodded, I've had this one for my entire life, I knew it wouldn't feel the same. It was from my dad, or Daryl I guess.

We pulled around the side of the store until the herd came into view "alright, lets get em" Glenn said, opening the sunroof and starting to shoot the herd. Carl and I were out of bullets, we wouldn't be useful until we needed hand-to-hand combat.

The herd was gone within a few minutes, we had a few automatics apparently. "Okay, back inside guys, same groups" Glenn said. Carl and I had caught our breath by now. "Do we have extra 9 millimeter ammo? I'm out" I asked and Maggie pulled a small box from her bag "just found this inside" "thanks".

I readied my knife to go back inside, following Carl and Daryl. I glanced to where the set of doors had busted open, the room inside was dark, I couldn't help but wonder what was inside. I started walking toward the door and Carl touched my shoulder "what're you doing?" He asked and I shrugged "there might be something good back there".

Daryl was a few feet ahead of us as we walked "we'll check it later, let's look for other stuff first" he told me and I nodded, reluctantly passing by the doorway. "I need some new clothes, everything's getting too small" I mentioned, pointing to the bottom of my jeans, which revealed my ankles since they were too short.

"Clothes aisle is right here, I'm gonna go check that pharmacy" Daryl pointed to a counter about twenty feet away. Carl and I nodded, starting to look through the clothes that were on shelves and racks, I made sure to grab oversized t-shirts that wouldn't get too small, I grabbed a few pairs of new jeans, some flannels, and some sweatshirts. Winter would be coming soon, there's no buffer of weather in Georgia. It's crippling heat or freezing cold, it'll change every day when fall comes around.

Carl grabbed some clothes as well, most of his stuff fit him though. Only my summer clothes fit me. "You should get this, it'll hide you from walkers" Carl laughed, pointing to a unicorn onesie that was hanging in the aisle "definitely, that's a survival necessity dude". I laughed back at him.

Carl glanced at Daryl, making sure that he was looking away before he kissed me. "We should start playing a game, where we just kiss in a bunch of places and count how many we can reach before someone asks us what's going on" I suggested and he grinned "sounds good to me" he kissed me again "one".

"Come on you doof, I bet there's gun supplies over in the sports section" I told him, walking away and hearing his footsteps close behind me.