Chapter seven

The sun hit my face, waking me up from what felt like the best night of sleep I've had for a while. No nightmares. I hadn't felt what it was like to have a full night of sleep without nightmare for a while.

I was about to stretch out, until I noticed that I couldn't move.
That's when my eyes landed on the big, tattooed arm, around my waist. A glimpse of last night hit me, after arguing for fifteen minutes we decided on comedy, it was the middle thing between romance and action. We must've fallen asleep under the movie and ended up like this.

I tried to wrangle my way out, without waking him up but it only made him tighten his grip. He's probably deep asleep, and I really didn't want to wake him up, he needed to rest. Instead of trying to get off the sofa, I turned around slowly to face him.

He looked so, peaceful. His lips were formed into a straight line, pink and soft. I never really noticed before now, but his skin was perfect. It was flawless, and his color was coming back after being pale and sick. His hair was messy, black and had curls all over.
Was it creepy of me to be studying this stranger? After all, here I am, practically laying his arms.

"I would say that staring at me while I sleep, is way creepier than watching me change, angel"

My eyes met his, he was awake, even worse he caught me analyzing him while I thought he was asleep.

"Uh, I'm sorry, I-"
"No need to explain, angel, but if you take a picture it'll last long" I rolled my eyes while also smiling at his remarks. His morning voice was so raspy, and hot. I hated admitting that.
"Funny" I said, "I think we fell asleep" I continued while getting up so he could have more space on the sofa.
"What gave it away? The fact that we're sleeping on a small sofa fully clothed?"
"Wow, I really didn't know you had a sassy side too"
"There's a lot you don't know about me, angel"

I felt my cheeks heat up, resulting in me turning around so he couldn't notice it.

"I'm going to freshen up, and make us some breakfast" I added, making my way to the bathroom.
I looked at the mirror, I looked like a hot mess. My hair was practically a bird nest.

The sound of the shower filled the room, and the second the hot water made contact with my skin I felt my body relax.

After what felt like ten minutes, but was probably twenty, I stepped out of the shower, brushed my teeth and threw on an oversized shirt and some grey shorts.

"Did you sleep in there or something?" I looked at the bored stranger, was I really that long.
"I must've lost track of time, are you hungry?" I asked
"Yes"
"Why didn't you make something? I know you're not that shy" I spoke, making it seem like we've known each other for the longest time even though it's only been three days. But it felt like more. Way more.

"I can't cook" He said, in the most casual way ever, my eyes widened. Cooking is the most basic life skill ever, everyone should be able to cook.

I shook my head in disappointment
"Alright, I'll give you fifteen minutes to get ready and then we're going to make omelet, together" It felt so weird saying that, just the word together felt like it held so much pressure.

"No." He said, not a hint of sarcasm.
"Why not?" I asked
"I don't need to learn how to cook, I have a chef for that" I gave him a glare, he sounded like that one rich kid at school, that lacked all kinds of life basics because his parents spoiled him too much.
"Everyone should know how to cook, at least something as simple as omelet"
"No." Stubborn.
"Yes." I said, trying to make my voice sound as powerful as his
"No." He continued, not looking away, which resulted in my mimicking what Adam did to me, I gave him my best shot at puppy eyes. "Please?" He rolled his eyes at me, "Fine."