010

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗡𝗢𝗪 𝗢𝗥 𝗡𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗥

chapter ten:be confident, be aggressive !

chapter ten:
be confident, be aggressive !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

ATHENA AND RICKY stood in the wings on the stage. Carlos was in front of them, giving instructions to the two of them about their performance of What Do You Know About Love?

"Okay, Channing's on a ten-one," Carlos began. "That means peeing in Hollywood. How are we both doing?"

"I'm okay," Athena answered. "My shorts are still kind of wet from Gina throwing water at me that was meant for Kourtney, but . . ."

"Excellent. This is the last song of the day, so let's go out and really sell it. Capisce? Remember, Ricky, you're the sometimes jealous boyfriend. Use that jealousy that you have sometimes and use it to motivate you. Other than that, I want you to follow Athena's lead on basically everything."

Athena raised her hand. "My lead? Carlos, I don't even know what I'm doing."

"But you do," Carlos countered. "Listen, I know you two have a sweet relationship, but I don't want this to be sweet. I want this to be tense."

"I thought you said I was the sweetheart, though."

"We need to show that the sweetheart can be something other than sweet. I want you to try something different, 'Thena. Spice things up a bit. Be confident."

Athena nodded. "Okay. I'll try."

"And be aggressive," Carlos added.

Her eyes widened. "Aggressive? Carlos, I — I'm not aggressive. That's Violetta, not me."

"Well, today you are. Scrap everything. This is for the drama. I want you to be confident and aggressive. Take the reins on what you think that is."

Athena frowned slightly for a moment before wiping it off her face, taking a deep breath. "Confident and aggressive. Okay, sure." She looked up at Ricky. "Sorry in advance."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ricky asked.

"It means that if I push you up against the wall or, I don't know, spin you around, don't worry about it. If I hurt you in any way, please let me know."