Chapter 18: Sure

Today will be the first day since like freshman year, I've sat at lunch by myself. Even though I'm close to the cafeteria, I still don't know if I'm going in. I'm not scared to sit at lunch by myself and I know London and Kim would sit with me, but London's not here. Also, I just don't feel up to it. Yesterday really took a lot of energy out of me and I would be a complete liar if I said I didn't slightly tear up when I got home. I mean, I haven't had many boyfriends or whatever until recently and now I don't even want to look at a boy. Everyone I've been with has cheated on me. So either I'm a horrible girlfriend or I pick horrible guys.

As I reached the cafeteria doors I held onto it tightly. My mind is telling me no, but my body, my body is telling me yassss. Yet, I went with my mind and went straight down the stairs. I can't do it. I don't have the strength to deal with those bitches, so I'll definitely have to find somewhere else to eat.

I walked around the building for a few minutes until the library came to mind. Reaching the correct floor, I slowly walked into the large room. The library was filled to the ceiling with books and it smelled of oatmeal, most likely from Mrs.Jameson. She's only like 200 years old.

I smiled at her as I walked past. At first I was going to sit at a table. Yet, knowing Mrs.Jameson she would kick me straight out. So, I walked down one of the aisles far from where she could see and eventually found a small corner with pillows. Placing my things down, I sat down and got comfortable. Pulling out my lunch I began eating away. I couldn't help feeling like Cady from Mean Girls, lonely and isolated. As I took another bite out of my sandwich I felt someone watching me. I looked down the nearest aisle and saw no one, they must of moved. Without a second thought I continued eating.

Again, I felt someone was watching me. When I looked up, I found a cute guy looking down at me. He was tall around 6'4 maybe, with clear brown skin, low cut hair, and big lips. I know I just said I didn't want to even look at a boy, but him, he was making it difficult not to look. Before staring at each other became awkward, I looked away and acted as if I was really interested in one of the books. I pulled it out from the shelf and cracked it open, staring at the pages full of words yet I wasn't reading them. I waited for him to leave but he never did, he watched me a little bit longer before walking toward me. Again I tried forcing myself to read however, it was as if I couldn't. The many words only looking like letters to my eyes.

"You know, you shouldn't be eating in the library." He said staring down at me. I wouldn't dare look up.

"I didn't know you were the librarian." I replied still staring at the pages.

"Aren't you just a funny little bunny...you're not going to offer me any?" I looked up at him with my eyebrows scrunched together.

"No."

"Man you're mean." He said with a wide grin on his face, showing all of this white teeth.

"I'm not mean."

"Yes you are. Mackenzie Wright? Right?"

"Yes, and who are you?" I asked putting the book back on the shelf.

"My name is Ejay Madison."

"Cool." I could tell this conversation was going anywhere so I continued eating my sandwich.

"Can I sit with you?"

"Sure." I said as I lightly shrugged my shoulders.

"Good." Ejay replied, as he sat down next to me. Quickly his masculine scent filled my nostrils and I found myself liking the smell of him.

I moved on to eating my chips as we sat next to each other, not talking at all. Though we weren't talking, it wasn't awkward at all.

"Are you going to offer me some chips?"

"You're so needy, but I guess...if you want."

"Nah I'm straight, thanks for offering though." He was starting to confuse me, I thought he was hungry.

"What grade are you in?" I asked him as I looked him in his face.

"12th."

"12th? I never saw you before."

"Well, I saw you before. I heard what happened with your friends."

"Yeah, I'm sure you did." With all the drama I've been in lately, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole school knew all of my business.

"You wanna be friends?" 

"Sure."

I might as well make friends, it's not like I have anything to lose. It wouldn't hurt talking to someone new.

**************************
Ejay and I switched numbers, and I have to say he's actually pretty cool. I like talking to him, we're going to plan a day to hang out. Most likely with his group of friends, he said they would like me. Not all boys either, he said they're a mixed group of people, with wild personalities.

I walked out of school quickly, I can't wait to get home. I'm not tired from the school day but I really don't want to be in school. Reaching my car, I unlocked my back doors to put my things away. When I finished placing my bag down, I closed the door. Looking up again, Kesha was standing by my front door.

"Hey Kennie."

"My name is Mackenzie. I don't know you."

"I'm sorry about the other day, all of that was so uncalled for. They both are acting different."

"Well, life is life." I don't have time to talk to loose pussy ass bitches about them being thots. Like, what do we have to talk about?

"I just wanted to talk to you. Can we talk about it?" She went to touch me arm.

"Hoe, don't touch me. I don't know where your thot fingers have been."

"You don't have to speak to me like that, remember I am the only one talking to you."

"You don't have to talk to me, and too I'm not talking to y'all. Remember? Your friends fucked my boyfriends."

"I bet you fucked your boyfriends too, I don't know why it's that big of a deal."

"It's a 'big deal' because y'all the only nasty bitches that share dick. But it's fine tho...because you had my seconds and can't find shit on your own."

"Actually I can."

"Yeah, I'm sure you can. One of your dad's friends don't count. Yet, I hope you have fun with that." I said before getting in my car. I don't care about her weak ass and I never really liked her like that anyways. I locked my doors, put on my seatbelt, and started my engine.

"I'm not moving." She said as she stood in front of my car.

"That's your problem because I'll hit your ass." Kesha still stood in front of my car with her arms crossed and her lips twisted.

I took my foot off of the break and moved forward slightly. Kesha still stood still. Like it didn't faze her but I knew the truth, she was scared as fuck.

"You ain't going to do it."

I nodded my head at her as I moved up even closer, this time tapping her knee cap.

"Bitch you hit me!" I rolled down my window.

"Move out my fucking way hoe!" She moved her old lady ass and stood to the side before flipping me off.

I really don't care about her funky ass, she can suck shit for all I care.