How The Hell Did You.........

*Vote and Comment Hunnies*

The family raced to the hospital behind the ambulance. Every light the EMTs ran, so did the Lyons. The sound of Anika borderline hyperventilating the only sound in the vehicle. "Anika you gotta take normal breaths. I get it you shaken up but fucking breathe," Cookie snapped harder than she was trying to. Her nerves were shot. How often do you see your son be carted off with half of their body covered in blood? It was too much to fathom. They pulled up right behind the parked ambulance, racing side by side with the gurney. Jamal awake and a tad bit more conscious than he was. "26 year old black male gunshot wound to the abdomen. No exit wound, most likely internal bleeding. Prep OR 2!" the doctor rambled off as Jamal was pushed through the halls.

White lights bluring his vision but he could hear his mother just fine in his ear. "Ma I'm okay..... I'm alright imma be alright," he tried to calm her. His body covered in sweat. Every turn and slight bump caused him to wince. "Keep... keep your eyes on me Jamal! Look at me! Hey!" "Miss Calhoun NYPD. We need a moment of your time if you would." Cookie and Lucious looked back at her. She gave them a nod, her way of saying it's okay, she got this. "I'll wait for you in the waiting room," Lucious told her. "Okay," she responded before following the officers. Looking down, Cookie fought the urge to slap Jamal's face. "Don't close your eyes boy! Look at me!" "Huh I'm okay. What happened? Where's dad? He okay?" Jamal questioned going in and out of consciousness.

"I'm alright I'm fine Mal." "See he's fine. Can't kill his ass. You better look at me!" Cookie spat. "We need some O Neg!" "Ah shit!" Mal groaned, his body swayed on the medical bed. "Jamal you're going to be fine okay. The doctors are going to patch you up and you gonna be right back to norm-" the sound of Jamal's heart rate dropping screamed in Cookie's ear. "We don't have time to wait. Get him to surgery! Let's move people let's go!" The doctor ordered, the entire medical staff moving on beat. "Wait no. Nonononono!" Cookie rushed out. "Ma!" Keem called out. "I'm sorry ma'am. This is as far as you can go," a nurse informed her. "What?" "Cook come on let them work," Lucious suggested as he grabbed her hand.

"GET YO HANDS OFF ME!! THAT'S MY BABY! I NEED TO BE WITH MY SON!" "Ayye can everyone put their cameras away please. Give our family some privacy," Andre voiced, signaling for security to come help. "He's going to be okay. Calm yourself down now!" Lucious growled down to her. She pushed him away from her before walking to the waiting room. Lucious washed his hands over his face, finally taking a much needed breath. "Yall go sit with your mama. I'll be right back." Not looking back he walked out the emergency doors. This was some grade A bullshit. The only one that was supposed to be dying was him. Not Jamal. Not anyone else except the Lyon himself. It was enough that he had so much to take care of in so little time.

He had a baby on the way with only 2 and a half years left to live. This is not what he envisioned for the remaining moments of his life. He believed Jamal would be okay. He'd come out of surgery and begin the journey to healing. It just was one more thing to add to the pile of insane adventures in the Lyon family. Lu took a few breaths before heading back in to meet up with Anika. Spotting her coming out of a quiet room, he felt good. She wasn't in cuffs which meant they cleared her story. She caught eye contact with him, a soft smile on her face as she headed in his direction. Once she was within reach, he pulled her into him. A kiss placed on the top of her head.

"That was scary," she mumbled, embracing the hug he gave. "Yeah well the worst of that is over. Now we gotta keep Cook calm while Jamal is in surgery." "I think he's going to pull through," she confessed, looking up at him. "I do too," he pecked her lips before guiding her to the area everyone was waiting in. In the room, Cookie walked over to the nurse station. "Do you have an update on my son?" "No not yet. The longer they take means good news though. It means they are making sure everything is still functioning correctly and properly treated." Cookie groaned. She didn't want to hear that. Anika sighed. She hadn't seen Cookie's face so red from crying. "Let's go to the rest room? Wash the blood off of you?" She offered, leading Cookie away from the desk.