Fourty-Seven

Leah

"Okay, what's next?" Kayla asked. "We have Us or Beetle Juice as our next two choices."

"Two really great picks." Luke said thoughtfully. "I vote Us."

"I second that." Ian added munching on some popcorn.

We had just finished The Nightmare Before Christmas. And yes I did sing along to the songs. It's part of the experience.

This is Halloween. This is Halloween, Halloween.

It always gets stuck in my head for days after watching.  You can't blame me. It's so catchy.

The trio turned their attention to us waiting for our answers.

Luke and Kayla were seated on the floor in front of the TV. Kayla made an areas with pillows and blankets with a bowl of popcorn between them. Ian was on the smaller end of the couch. He claimed that spot before anyone else could get to it.

That left Jace, Nate and myself on the larger end of the couch.

And trust me I tried to get out of that situation. So much so I tried to roll Ian off his section. I even tugged on his leg and pulled in his arms, but he wouldn't budge.

He just gave me a grin and made sure to stayed secure in his spot. I glared daggers at him. He knew what he was doing.

And you know, you know there was no way in hell that Jace and Nate were going to sit next to each other. So I was left to be the middle man. Quite literally.

It was quite awkward to say the least. So I threw my whole attention into the movies we were watching. Every now and again I would feel eyes on me from both parties. I tried my best to ignore them and munch away on chips.

Trust me all that salt was getting to me. But I just couldn't stop. I had to focus my attention on something.

Jace grabbed the bowl from my lap and and placed a can of soda in my hands. He could feel my uneasiness and the fact I was literally swallowing chips didn't help my case."

"Us." Jace answered placing the bowl on his lap instead.

"Now wait." I countered after downing some soda. "I prefer Beetle Juice." I was not ready for a scary movie yet. Even though I was the one that placed it on the list.

Why did I do that again??

"I agree." Kayla chimed in. She wasn't ready for a scary movie just like me. Yes, we are scaredy cats. I don't care what anyone says.

"Aw, is someone scared?" Ian teased.

Kayla and I scoffed. "You wish." I said. "I just prefer Beetle Juice between the two options."

"Well, that means Nate is the deal breaker. If he chooses Us we win. But if he chooses Beetle Juice we go to a tie breaker." Luke stated.

Everyone's attention turned to Nate who looked uneasy from the looks.

He glanced over to me and I gave him the puppy dog eyes that I know he can't resist.