🎴ᔕEᐯEᑎTEEᑎ🎴

(3rd POV)

Jun's breath quickened upon noticing that someone will enter the room. She had already assumed that the person who was coming in was armed, based on the gunshot she heard.

Her legs caused her to run towards the bed where she had previously slept, even before the door opened. She draped the blanket over her body and lay sideways so that the only thing visible from the entrance was the sleeping person's back. She pretended to be asleep for them to believe that she hasn't yet woken up.

The door opened.

"See, she's still asleep. Let's just leave her alone for a moment, maybe the device is broken." someone said in the door area.

Another man spoke, and based on the sound Jun heard, it was definitely Sanzu, "No, she's awake you dumbass. The red dot is blinking, she's probably fake sleeping."

"She hasn't moved a muscle since we last checked on her," the other man countered. Jun realized that the other man is the half-blind, scarred man. "And the bullet you fire earlier wasn't necessary."

"I'm just testing it to see if this baby works," Sanzu replied rubbing his gun. "Go check on her,"

There's a sudden pause between the two.

Sanzu was about to enter the room, "Well if you don't want then I'll do it myself, probably she won't be able to talk to us lat-" but was stopped by his gang mate.

"I'll do it, just leave this room, geez."

"Hmph, good luck then," the pink-haired scoffed and left the room, leaving Jun and the scarred man all by themselves.

The scarred man made a careful approach to the bed, controlling the loud click of his leather shoes' heels. Concerned that he might wake up Jun when she is already awake. His dark clothing suit aided him to blend with the darkness.

Jun, on the other hand, kept her eyes closed, but her mind is considering how to leave the room, especially since there was a stranger.

Should I attack him or not? Her mind debates if whether she should ambush him or just continue to fake sleep. She might consider it too risky to ambush him because she's unaware of the man's strength. If she struggled to fight Rindou, then imagine how much harder it'll be if this man is tougher.

But if she continues to fake sleep, would the scarred man leave her alone or do something with her? In the end, both of those potential outcomes would eventually prompt her to defend herself in the event of possible danger.

The scarred man stood motionless in front of the laying cop on the bed. He's still pondering whether or not the female in front of her is still asleep. The dark cuff bangle on her wrist is blinking, she's awake.

He's uncertain if she's pretending to be asleep or the device is just broken because it's been kept for a long time. But... Fake sleeping or not, he moved his hands towards the blanket and extended it over her body till it reached her shoulders.

His gaze is locked on her to see if her eyes are opened or not, but he can't tell because of Jun's hair covering her face, the dim lighting, and the fact that only one of his eyes is working properly.

He bent one knee and drew his face closer to hers, his gloved hand slid towards Jun's face and tucked her hair behind her ears. This is the first time he did this to anybody, admiring someone while they're sleeping, and not taking their life in the middle of their slumber.

Jun started to wonder what she was sensing. She had her eyes closed, but what the scarred man was doing to her made her even more intrigued. She partially opened them to witness, but suddenly, her eyes opened and widened to the realization of how close the scarred man's face was to her own. She gasps as she instantly back off herself towards the headboard of the bed.