i understand

A/N: Don't forget to check out "Trust me" my other Rinney/Brance story.🫶🫶

ages: 16

Robin had been hyping himself up for today for the few past months. Robin was going to confess to Finney, his crush of 3 years. It's embarrassing to like someone for that long, but Robin had his obvious reasons. You can't really be sure about liking a boy in the 80's.

Robins plan was to confess after their study session today. They had study sessions every Wednesday, and most of the time Finney would spend the night aswell. It was a perfect idea, and Robin was sure it was going to work.

Finney and Robin were currently walking home together to Robins house. Finney was rambling on and on about science class, and new information he had found out about space. Robin just listened, he loved the sound of Finneys voice.

They eventually got to Robins house, and started preparing for the study session. Robin went to grab 2 sodas out of the fridge, and some chips. Finney was setting up all the materials they needed on Robins bedroom floor.

They had been studying for 2 hours now, no breaks at all. "Finneyyyy, we've been studying for almost 3 hours! Can we stop now and watch a movie." Robin complained. "You're such a baby Robin, yeah we can stop now. Go ahead and pick a movie out." Finney says, starting to pack up all the materials.

Robin smiles, knowing his plan is starting. He picks out a random movie, and pops it into the VHS player. Robin sits down next to Finney on his bed, and they watch the movie. Halfway into the movie, Robin decides it's time. Robin takes the remote and pauses the movie.

"Why'd you pause it?" Finney asks, looking over at Robin. "Can i talk to you about something?" Robin asks, already fidgeting with his hair. Finney, already concerned, "What's wrong Robin?" He asks. Finney turns his body to face Robin completely, putting his hand on Robins knee.

Robin smiles at the contact, immediately getting rid of it, and looking up at Finneys face. "Ok i'm just gonna say it, rip the bandaid off." Robin says, chuckling nervously.

"Finney, I really like you, love you honestly. I have since we were 13. I don't know if you'll hate me after me saying all this. You might slap me, yell at me, call me a fag. I honestly don't care though, i just needed to tell you." Robin says, holding strong eye contact with Finney.

Finneys eyes widen, and he takes his hand away from Robins knee. Robin watches as Finney frowns slightly, then gives a sympathetic look. "Robin...I like Donna. I thought you knew, i'm sorry but i don't have the same feelings for you as you do for me." Finney says, standing up from the bed.

Robins mouth opens slightly, tears coming to his eyes. He closes them, and takes a deep breath, before opening them again, giving Finney a fake smile. "Oh, it's ok Finney, i understand." Robin says, voice cracking. Finney sends him a soft smile, "Thanks for understanding Robin, i'll see you tomorrow ok?" Finney says, waving, before walking out of the room, leaving the house.

Robin lays back on his bed, and cries. Deep down, he knew it was a bad idea to confess to his bestfriend.

may have mistakes🫶