fourty five.

january 2023

the past few weeks went by very slow for some odd reason. filming the rest of the season was a blast until taylor had to kiss joe. it's just a role and it isn't real of course, but it stings just a little.

christmas also was unforgettable. i ended up getting joe and i couldn't really figure out what to get him so i just ordered him a hoodie that said, ' dilf ' on it.

i received a gift from millie and she got me a pair of slippers with a pajama set. the house in general was just filled with positive energy and no drama.

then new years came. it was a little weird that we were weren't spending it on campus but either way it would've been the same thing back home.

the plane ride home was peaceful up until we landed. that's when Grace sent me her text. i stayed off my phone until we got to our dorms, not wanting to deal with her at the moment.

***

it's been a few days since we've gotten back and school starts up in about a week. gaten and i had faked a conversation making it seem like taylor and i broke up. now i had to act friendly with Grace so she'd slip up and leave her phone with me.

6:34pm. " so basically im not gonna hang out with her on campus so it looks like we're actually broken up. " i said, putting my hands in my pocket as gaten and i walked back to our dorms from grabbing something to eat.

" hm okay. your not gonna tell her what's going on still? " he asked, sipping his coffee.

i sighed. " i don't think so. i don't need her worrying about that. i can handle Grace. "

" speaking of Grace, she's right there. " gaten pointed out to the brunette a few yards away from us.

" shit. " i panicked, turning around and walking back the other way.

gaten caught up with me and pulled my arm so we were walking towards her. he then started walking the other way, leaving me alone as i continued walking towards her and soon she saw me.

i mentally rolled my eyes and screamed as i faked a sad smile.

" just the boy i was looking for. " Grace smiled, standing a little too close in front of me.

" here i am. " i replied, shrugging my shoulders.

" so? " she asked, cocking her eyebrow.

i looked away from her and into the distance, making it seem like i was somewhat upset. " yeah. we broke up. you got what you want. "

she scoffed. " and how do i believe that? you two are head over heels for each other, no way it happened like that. "

she snapped her finger and i rolled my eyes. i pulled out my phone from my pocket and opened up 'our' conversation. gaten and i had texted for an whole hour making it seem like it was really taylor i was talking to.

i handed my phone over to Grace and she read through the messages carefully. once she was done, she gave me my phone back and a bright smile was on her face.