CHAPTER 49

NOCTURNAL - THE WHOLE TRUTH

"Why is he here, Ate Brooke?"

"Uh, it's a long story."

"Can I wake him up?"

"Oh no. Please don't, Aliah. He looks tired."

"O-Okay."

I seriously have no idea how he wind up in the couch when I gave the whole guestroom for him to rest. Aliah's slightly poking his cheeks but he isn't even moving. Is he really that exhausted? He doesn't look that way when we had the conversation last night.

"Brooke, tulog pa ba si Aiden?" I turned to look at Ate Ria who was leaning beside me. She's holding a hot cup of coffee just in case Aiden wakes up.

I shook my head and sighed. "Let's just leave him alone for now, Ate Ria. I think he badly needs to rest."

Tumango siya bilang pag sang-ayon at inilalayan si Aliah papasok sa loob ng kusina. I already ate my usual breakfast and I also took a bath to freshen up and be ready for the day ahead.

Apollo texted me earlier and it was not really my intention to reply because of what happened last night. I ended our call after he mentioned Devon's name. He's clueless about our relationship and I'm not planning to tell him everything that's been going on between us. Maybe now, Devon had already told him something, but whatever. My mom and his dad's relationship is not even a secret to begin with.

I stood up and was about to take a step forward when I saw Aiden's phone moving on top of the coffee table. The screen is now open and a message suddenly pops up. Minding other people's business is never my thing but what if it's his parents or Alex? We never know.

Biting the side of my lip, I slowly reached out for it using my trembling hand. I took a quick glance at Aiden and thank goodness he's still asleep. When I finally had it in my grasp, I was shocked to see 100+ messages and 50+ missed calls! And they all came from Alex!

Goodness gracious! At least let him know that you're still alive, Aiden! As much as I want to read the messages, I do not want to meddle with his life.

I was about to return the phone on its original position when 1 message pops up again and it also came from Alex. When the notification showed up on the lockscreen, the contents are usually showing so I read the texts out of curiosity and gasped after silently reading them.

Alex:

I'm here at the park. Just come here whenever you want. I'll wait for you.

I glanced at Aiden once more and wondered why is he here to in the very beginning? I don't understand. Yes, he gave me an explanation yesterday but that doesn't change the fact that he chose to stay here over his bestfriend's house. Jeez. He's giving me a headache.

Binalik ko na ang phone niya sa ibabaw ng mesa at nagdadalawang-isip kung pupuntahan ko nga ba si Alex sa park o mananahimik na lang.

I mean, it's obvious that Aiden won't go there even if Alex won't leave the place unless he shows up. However, if I'm the one who decided to see Alex, that'll only give him a clue that we're close and well... friends? Now that everything happened, I guess Aiden wasn't so bad after all. He's just broken and the people around him didn't know that he's suffering.

"Ate Ria, I need to go somewhere." I said as soon as I entered the kitchen. She's pouring milk in Aliah's glass.

"Saan ka pupunta, Brooke? Makikipagkita ka ba kay Camille?" She asked but I shook my head slowly.

I still can't decide if I should really go there or not. This is a bad idea. Aiden might think that I'm prying with his life. "Uh... may bibilhin lang? Babalik din ako kaagad, Ate Ria."