18. waiting would be a mistake

Nina was walking quickly because she was nervous. She didn't know what she would say to Ricky when she saw him. 

Ricky ran as fast as he could towards his house, also not knowing what to say but not thinking about it at that moment. He was just very happy that the brunette felt the same way. 

The girl was walking through the park when she saw a young couple sitting on a blanket, hugging each other. Both had huge smiles on their faces. Nina stopped and looked at them for a few seconds. She wished she had someone like that. She wanted to know that type of love. The type that is in every movie.

"Nini!" she heard a boy's voice behind her and didn't even have to turn around because she immediately knew who it was. 

She slowly turned to look at him. "Ricky?" she whispered. "What- what are you doing here?" 

"I am looking for you." he answered simply. 

"Um, I was just on my way to see you." 

"Oh really? Why?" he asked because he wanted to hear it from her. Although he already heard it from Seb, he wanted her to say it out loud, then he would really believe it, he would know that it was reality. 

"Uh- first tell me why you were looking for me." she tried to get more time to think through what she actually wanted to say. 

"Ladies first."

"Okay..." she took a deep breath and started slowly. "I was looking for you because... I wanted to tell you that- um... okay." she tried to calm down. 

"Just say what's in that big head of yours." he tried to distract her with a joke. 

It worked because Nina laughed and calmed down a bit. "You are a person I feel good with and you always make me smile. And I can be myself with you. I don't have to worry about what I say because you will always understand me and you will never judge me. You're the only person I've ever shown my original song to, and that means a lot because no one ever read my lyrics and I even sang my song to you." once she started she couldn't stop. "When you left and didn't call I was very sad. That time when we were apart was the worst in my life. The fact that you weren't here when my dad died made it even worse and I never want to experience anything bad or good again without you being able to experience it with me. When you leave again I'll call you every day and if you don't pick up I swear to god I'll get on the plane just so I can yell at you. And I didn't want to say it now because it's probably too early but my friends helped me realize that I have to tell you before I run out of time, before it's too late because you're leaving soon. And I realized that waiting would be a mistake." 

"I still don't understand what you are talking about." Richard laughed.

"Right, sorry..." she said, shaking her head, breathing heavily. "I don't know why I'm like this, I usually say what I think and don't even think about it. I don't know what's happening to me because I'm thinking too much about it now. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you are very important to me and-" 

"I like you too." Ricky told her.

"What?" she asked in such shock that she couldn't even blink. "How-how did you-" 

"I was looking for you at work and Seb told me." he admitted. "But don't be mad at him, he just wanted to help us."

There was silence for a while, but Nini broke it. "So, you like me?" 

Ricky nodded and took a step closer to her. "Yeah, I do." 

She smiled. "Well, I like you too."

They both just stood there smiling at each other in the middle of the park. But at that moment they didn't care what was happening around them. 

"What happens now?" 

"What do you mean?" he answered her with another question. 

"What will happen between us now that we know we like each other? Because it will definitely not be same as before." the brunette told him. "Whether we want it or not something will change. So what do you think we should do?" 

"I don't know." he answered looking into her eyes. "I don't know but we should do something because whatever it is between us it's getting really hard to ignore."

"So what do we do?" 

The curly boy cleared his throat and asked. "Would you like to go on a date with me?"

I want to find some friends here so what are your names? 

Love yaa, Sof♡