Chapter 34

"My lady."

"Mhm...."

Eurielle opened her eyes. There she saw Nathalia beside her bed.

"It's time for your bath, my lady."

"....."

Eurielle sat up and started blankly at the space.

Her eyes blinked slowly like they were about to sleep again.

"My lady."

"....What time is it?"

"It's already past noon."

"Oh."

Eurielle incredibly slept a lot. More than she thought she would.

She still remembered what happened last night.

She recalled that she suddenly woke up in the hallways in the middle of the night and Rion was there.

And they kissed. A lot.

"Nathalia."

"Yes, my lady."

"Do I sleepwalk?" She asked.

It was weird considering the fact that she woke up in the hallways.

Unless Asterion tried to kidnap or carry her, there was no other reason she could think of.

"Yes, my lady."

"Really? How?"

"One night, I saw my lady waking up around eleven pm and you'd always start by walking in the hallways. But Sir Asterion stops me midway when I follow you and tells me that he'll take care of the rest."

Nathalia bluntly answered. There was no reason to lie.

"I see. Thank you for telling me."

"No problem, my lady."

After the short conversation, Nathalia helped Eurielle take a bath and prepare herself.

...

"A letter has arrived for you, my lady." Nathalia gave her the envelope.

Eurielle was currently reading a certain book titled Theories of Human Development.

She was curious about how the human mind works. How humans develop their understanding. How humans behave.

How humans gain emotions.

For her, it was somehow a critical topic.

"From who?" She replied as she flickered the next page of the book.

Eurielle's sight landed on a certain paragraph.

The emotional circuits in the limbic system are activated when an emotional stimulus is experienced, and these circuits quickly create corresponding physical reaction. The process happens so quickly that it may feel to us as if emotion is simultaneous with our physical arousal.

'Emotional stimulus... Physical arousal?'

She suddenly remembered the first time she kissed Theo. She wasn't satisfied with the first one and ended up wanting for more.

'So that was physical arousal.'

"It says it's from Lady Brown."

Eurielle stopped reading and sighed.

"Give me." She asked for the letter.

Nathalia gave her the envelope and left later on to get Eurielle some refreshments.