POTRAIT

MARQUIS CHASE DA'CAMINO

This is absurd. I thought as the girl asked why she was killed. It was completely lucid and ridiculous to hear but the coldness and anger behind her voice made me believe her for a second. I looked at her as if she was gone mad but chill spread down my spine when Duchess Amrita smiled bitterly at her. Her eyes shining with regret and guilt. The girl's gaze was cold and menacing. From my experience as a rake which I am still ashamed of I can tell she should not be more older than fifteen winters. But her built say something else. I am very much sure she would be extremely quick on her feets and her muscle strength would be remarkable.

But what made me felt threatened was the feeling of being opressed and murderous intent at the same time by her. It felt as if someone is standing behind me with a sword pointing towards my neck. I shared a uneasy look with Luke. Once upon a time we used to be best friends like same sides of two coins but then the misunderstandings happened and we were drifted apart. We recently are trying to mend our affairs but still we are no longer as close as we used to be. He nodded at me as if telling that he can feel the dominating aura as well. That's what we decided to call it when we use to feel suddenly chilled and opressed in Amrita or Rachal's presence.

I didn't felt like this from last fifteen years but the now the feelings had returned nearly hundred times worest. Rachal looked at her with respect which made me frown. Rachal is that one person who will never give respect to anyone but instead use schemes to get what she wants. I had personally seen her use her silver tongue. She weave her traps with her voice but at present she is looking at the young girl with respect and something else....maybe fear. I can see a faint bruise forming one her arms. I glared at the person who told Rachal as a backstabber. His expressions are stotic as well but what caught me off gaurd was the potrait in middle of the room. It was definitely old. I remember Amrita bringing it with her.

I gasped as I realised that the boy and girl matched clearly with two figures in the potrait. From the even slightest shade of their hair to the very curves if their faces. Everything matched. The girl was sitting one a upholstered red throne looking more like a lady of royal upbringing. Her look more regal and groomed than rest of the people. One can generally assume she is the leader seeing the look in her eyes. The boy stood behind her is like a sheild protecting her from the potential threats who can stab her. Their eyes were of unique colour darker than the marble. Mostly all of them were in same stance. Four figures sitting and four figures standing. My eyes stopped on one of the member.

His eyes glowed with unique colour of sea green with more blue than green. He stood out in the potrait like a sore thumb. His dark blonde hair carefully brushed to a side falling a little beneath his ears. My breath nearly stopped eyes when my mind the uncanning connection between the face and Xavier. Nothing was dissimilar except the eye colour. Not a single dissimilarity. Not a single one.  Even the hair colour was a absolute match. No one knows his real hair colour the one he inherited from his real mother not Rachal. I turned my attention to Amrita wanting to know what was going on and how my Xavier is part of all this.

*******

I had always known that Rachal was not someone ordinary but listening them tell just a small part of their story was making my brain go crazy. It appeared like one of those lucid novels from the bookstores but I know better. Their expressions explained the truth very well. Rachal eyes held guilty while Amrita's held regret. The girl and boy listened everything with great patience and concentration. At the moments even I felt the need to intrupt but I didn't. Luke's face held disbelief. Charlotte and Elani looked they are annoyed. Only Xavier had a calm expression beside Arianna and Daneil. The another boy who threatened Amrita outside with blant disrespect was glaring at Charlotte. I don't even know why.