029

"What was it like living next to Mr adams when he had charlie in his care" Andrew, wilburs lawyer asked the man, he had just explained that he had lived besides John for six years before John had moved out, he explained that he had a large family, he told the court that he had seen charlie kicked out that day, and when he wanted to go after her his wife had stopped him.

"Uhm, it was good, it was okay? I personally didn't ever hear anything from their house, I had heard crying before but everyone knows that all children cry, I remember the day that Scott, John's husband, and jack, his son and Charlie's older brother had died, me and my wife were left to take care of charlie that night which is understandable, John hadn't come home that night which is justified if you think about their situation, he was still at the hospital, most likely still processing what had happened before telling charlie. Even after that day I didn't see John or Charlie leave the house very often, if they did it would usually just be for grocery shopping" Jimmy, John's neighbour told everyone in the courtroom, oh, but he wasn't finished there.

"Throughout the six years i had lived besides john i had never seen him hurt charlie, I had been round at his house one night and she had dropped a glass vase, she was Trying to reach for her coloured pencil and had knocked it in the process, she had cut her face on the broken glass, along with her leg and arms, I've never seen or heard anything about John touching her or hurting her and we've been good friends for quite some time now" Jimmy told the court, had John asked him to defend him in court? none of what Jimmy was saying was true, John had even admitted to doing these things infront of everybody present in the room.

"The John I know would never do such things as abuse his own daughter, he loved her to the moon and back he wouldnt even think abouthurting that girl, back when i lived besides him he'd never admit it but when she and Jack were smaller, she was always his favourite, he'd always tell everyone she wasn't when they'd point it out but she definetely was, he loves that child to peices, he'd never do anything to hurt her" Jim explained sternly, only half of what he said was actually true, John did favour charlie out of his children back when both his husband and son was still with them, he had always wanted a daughter and she was a perfect child, but the shock of losing his husband and son was too much for him, along with the responsibility of taking care of a child and getting evicted from their house it was all too much for him and he snapped.

And as he snapped he fell deppresed and he brought charlie down with him.

"But Jim, Mr Adams has already admitted to hurting his daughter in the past" Andrew told the man on the stand contently, thisnwasnt looking good for jim.

Jim stammered not knowing what to say to that, he was already too deep into his lie now, he couldn't back down, he had to continue his lie, what was he supposed to do, tell them the truth? He could Never.

"I– well I just, i mean I've never personally seen him do anything" Jimmy told everyone, wilbur was pissed off now, how could anyone get away with lying to a court of law like that.

"That's bullshit" wilbur muttered under his breath, lucky for him charlie had just woken up from her nap and had heard the swear. Charlie tugged slightly on wilburs sleeve.

He smiled down at the girl reassuringly, not quite ready for what was about to come.

"Daddy? W-whats a b-bull—" Charlie whispered to him but was quickly and thankfully interrupted by Andrew unintentionally, wilbur couldn't help but smile and try not to laugh, "I'll explain later" he whispered back with a soft smile, hoping that she would forget all about it by that time.

After many more questions directed at Jim, it seemed to have gone well for him, which didn't sit well with wilbur, Jimmy had just gotten away with lying to a court, there wasn't one part of this court case that wilbir felt was going well. The judge seemed to be favouring John and wilbur hadn't even spoken yet, hopefully charlie would help his case when it was her turn to speak.

But now it wilburs chance to go and testify, but it seemed that charlie was reluctant to let wilbur leave at all, as she was clinging onto his arm as tight as she could, which in all fairness wasn't too tight, wilbur could probably pull his arm away from her but he didn't want her to accidently fall off of her chair if he pulled too hard.

"Come on Charlie, I have to go, I'll only be up there, on that chair next to that man up there" wilbur told her, he was knelt down to her level on the ground, with a sympathetic smile on his face all while he pointed towards where he would be sat testifying.

"R-really? Y-your just over there?" She asked him in curiosly, her innocence was adorable. "yeah your right charlie, I'm just over there, you can sit here and watch me okay?, andrew will sit and look after you okay" he told her with a smile before standing up and walking over to the stand to sit and testify.