||12.||

•||Ch12: Too Late to know||•

||Saim's POV||

I didn't know why I was feeling suffocated watching the scenario in front of me. Unconsciously clenching my hands, I watched them silently with everyone. But the difference was that everyone was excited while I was confused and angry.

"Mehrun, I-," Shaizum, on his knee in front of Mehrun, paused.

He looked at her nervously then took a deep breath. While Mehrun was stilled with her wide eyes and her hands on her chest.

"I prepared a long speech. But I can't remember it now...," He started with a chuckle and stretched his hand forward.

"Marry me, Mehrun. I promise to take complete responsibility for our relationship. I want to start a new life with you with a different relationship. Please marry me...," His voice shook and was quiet in the end, looking nervous but his eyes were firmly on Mehrun.

I tried to control the frown on my forehead and the burning feeling in my heart but it was only suffocating me.

Mehrun put her hand on his palm silently with a small nod and beautiful smile on her lips.

Everyone hooted for them with cameras on both them. Friends, strangers, everyone but me. I just stood there, rooted to my place with no moment other than breathing and blinking.

"Zain uncle not gonna like it," Mohsin's whisper sounded in my ear, helping me a little to pull out of my confused burnt world.

Right. He'd not like how Shaizum proposed to her in the presence of strangers without him knowing. Because if he'd known, he never let him propose to her here, in public.

"I think this trip is going to end before it starts. Better go back before Zain uncle calls us back. That for sure will happen," Laraib groaned, staring at two people hugging each other.

I looked away from them clenching my jaw and took my phone out of my pocket quickly.

Me: Shaizum proposed to Mehrun in public. Many strangers made their video. I hope it doesn't go viral. But ask dad to have PR department look after the situation online.

I messaged mom first and Laraib and Mohsin along with Mehrun's new friend spreaded and asked every person present to delete the video one by one.

After mom, I opened a second inbox and messaged the manager of PR department, of my company who handled the online market of Pakistan.

Me: On every social media app or website, have your team watch out a proposal video. I will send you a picture of the couple along with the location.

Me: [🖼️]

Me: [Location📍]

I silently took their picture of them still hugging each other, focusing on their face with background then sent it with location.