Chapter 24

Liam POV

⚠️Trigger warning: mention of violence.⚠️

I can’t describe what I’m feeling.

This is not anger. I know what anger feels like. I’ve been angry plenty of times in my life. This is not it.

I don’t know what this is. I’ve never felt like this before.

I am not a very good man, but I’ve never felt the need to kill.

Now I do.

Now I can’t stop fantasizing about squeezing the life out of the two men who dared to touch her.

I can already picture myself doing it. I would kick the door in. They would be sitting on a couch, drinking, like the fucking alcoholics that they are. I would grab them both, tie them to a chair, and have my fun with them. I would cut them just like they cut her. I would break their ribs just like he broke hers. I would cut off his dick just because I could. And then, when they would think I was done, I would slowly kill them. I would grab their necks, squeeze them slowly. I would apply more and more pressure. I would play with them. I would let them breathe in a little air and then squeeze again. I would enjoy the fear in their eyes. I would laugh in their faces. And then I would enjoy the sweet music of their pathetic necks snapping.

I might just do that. I will pay whoever I need to cover it up. I don’t plan on going to prison. I don’t plan on being separated from my sister ever again.

Nate came to take Lucy to an x-ray, and as soon as the door closed behind them, all hell broke loose.

Fists were thrown, curses were shouted, grunts and sobs kept filling up the silence of the room.

I didn’t even know what I was doing. I was completely blinded by emotions. I blinked and found myself leaning on the wall, my knuckles red and swollen.

I opened my eyes and looked around the room.

Ezra was sitting in the chair with his head in his hands.

Noah was holding Theo in a tight embrace. Theo was shaking and mumbling something I couldn’t understand.

I took a deep breath and tried to force myself to calm down a little.

My brothers needed me.

_______________

Ezra POV

My heart hurts.

I feel like something heavy is sitting on my chest, making it hard to breathe.

I can’t breathe.

Every time I try to, I feel like a scream is going to escape me. I feel like I’m going to start screaming, and I will never be able to stop.

Seeing the bruises and cuts on her is definitely the hardest thing I ever had to do and will ever have to do.

It was like a thousand punches to my heart. It felt like somebody was squeezing my neck, preventing me from breathing.

And the guilt…

The guilt feels like acid in my stomach.

I could have done something. I could have found her sooner. I could have taken us to Colorado on a fucking hiking trip a million times. I could have stopped this.

I let my sister get hurt by those monsters. I could have done something. I’m sure there was something I could have done, and this would never have happened. She would have been safe with her brothers if I had done something.