The Rise of Cybermen

[Laboratory]

(A man in a lab coat presses a button, and backlights a humanoid figure.)

KENDRICK: The prototype has passed every test, sir. It's working.

LUMIC: I hardly think working is the correct word.

(Lumic moves his electric wheelchair forward.)

LUMIC: That would apply only to machines.

KENDRICK: I'm sorry. I should say, it's alive.

LUMIC: Can it hear me?

KENDRICK: It might still be in shock. Bear in mind the brain has been welded to the exoskeleton.

LUMIC: Skin of metal and a body that will never age or die. I envy it. Do you know me? Answer. Do you know me?

CYBERMAN: You are John Lumic.

LUMIC: My child. Mark this day, Doctor Kendrick. We are blessed.

KENDRICK: Well, it's not quite over yet, sir. We need Geneva's approval. Technically, this is a new form of life, and that contravenes the Bio-convention. They need to ratify this.

LUMIC: And they will refuse me.

KENDRICK: Nonetheless, we need to tell them.

LUMIC: And if I don't?

KENDRICK: Well then, I'm sorry, sir, but it's my duty. I shall have to inform them.

LUMIC: And how will you do that from beyond the grave?

KENDRICK: I don't quite understand.

LUMIC: Kill him.

(The Cyberman puts a gauntlet on Kendrick's shoulder and sends electricity through his body. Lumic turns away, smiling, and uses the intercom on his wheelchair.)

LUMIC: Captain?

CAPTAIN [OC]: Yes, sir.

LUMIC: Inform all staff. We have a new destination. Set sail for Great Britain!

[Tardis]

DOCTOR: And that weird munchkin lady with the big eyes? Do you remember? the way she looked at you! And then she opens her mouth and fire comes out!

ROSE: I thought I was going to get frazzled!

MADDIE: Yeah. One minute she's standing there, and the next minute roar!

MICKEY: Yeah. where was that, then? What happened?

Y/N: Oh, it was on this er, this er planet thing. Asteroid. It's a long story, you had to be there. Er, what're you doing that for?

MICKEY: Because you told me to.

DOCTOR: When was that?

MICKEY: About half an hour ago

MADDIE: Er, you can let go now.

MICKEY: Well, how long's it been since I could've stopped?

Y/N: Ten minutes? Twenty? Twenty nine?

MICKEY: You just forgot me!

DOCTOR: No, no, no. I was just, I was, I was calibrating. I was just. No, I know exactly what I'm doing.

(And the time rotor blows up.)

LOKI: What's happened?

MADDIE: The time vortex is gone. That's impossible. It's just gone. Brace yourself! We're going to crash!