19. change everything

double update today because you've been commenting a lot lately and I'm very happy about it and it gives me motivation to write so here it is :)

Ricky was nervous, because today was his first date with Nini and since he only asked her yesterday, he didn't have enough time to prepare everything but he wanted their first date together to be perfect. 

Right now he was standing in front of the door of her house, taking a deep breath and trying to calm himself down before knocking on the door. 

The door opened and he saw Seb, Gina and Kourtney, he also saw Big Red in the distance sitting on the couch. 

Three friends were smiling at the boy. "Welcome Richard."

"Hey guys, please, I've told you a million times, call me Ricky." he told them. 

"Richard, what are your plans with our Nini?" 

"What?" he didn't understand. 

"You better treat her well because otherwise it won't end well for you." Gina's smile disappeared as she warned him. 

"She knows karate." Seb whispered to him. 

"Okay guys give him a break." Red stood up and started walking towards them. "Stop playing with him, he is already nervous. And you know his plans, we helped him prepare the date."

"You are right about one thing." Ricky said. "I am very nervous." 

"Relax, take it as if you were just hanging out." Kourtney told him. "You two are meant to be together."

As soon as she said that, a brunette in a yellow dress entered the room. Everyone was shocked because since Nina's father died she only wore black clothes. 

She smiled and said. "Hi Ricky." 

"Oh my god." the boy whispered to himself. "Um, you- you look beautiful." 

Nina laughed. "Well thank you. You don't look bad either."

"Okay lovebirds," Red said. "You should go now."

"Shall we?" Richard asked, holding out his hand. 

"We shall." she replied, taking his hand.

They walked slowly next to each other in the park where yesterday they admitted that they like the other. 

"So what are we doing today?" Nina asked smiling at him.

"First of all, I would like to apologize," he began. "since we didn't have much time, it's not special." 

"It's special just because we'll be together." 

"You're so right." he said giving her a side hug. "We're here." 

"Wait, right here?" she asked when she saw a brown blanket on the grass with all kinds of food on it. There were muffins, strawberries, pizza and much more. "Those are my favorite." she said when she saw a bouquet of red tulips. 

The boy took them in his hand and looked at the brunette. "I know, they are for you."

"How come you remember that?" she asked in amazement. "Did you ask my friends?" 

"No, there was no need." he answered. "I remember how I had to buy them for you every year for your birthday because you didn't want anything else. Every time I gave them to you you had that  huge smile on your face." he looked at her and continued. "Just like now."

Nina didn't say anything, she just hugged him tightly. 

Then they sat down on the blanket and ate and laughed and talked. Hours passed and it started to get dark but for them it seemed like minutes. 

"You know, if you told little Nini that she will go on a date with Ricky Bowen one day, she wouldn't believe you." 

"Huh?" he asked confused. 

"Oh come on, don't pretend you didn't notice." 

"Didn't notice what?"

"That I was madly in love with you when we were little." she told him and laughed. 

"Wait seriously?" it shocked the boy. "I had no idea. If so, I would have said something because you have always been more than a friend to me." 

The girl laughed at the fact that they could have been together a long time ago if they weren't afraid to tell the other the truth. "Well, you should have opened your eyes. I was crazy for you." 

"I'm still crazy for you." when he said that he started getting closer to the girl. 

Their lips almost touched but out of nowhere it started to rain. Nina and Richard moved away from each other. 

"Uh- sorry, I didn't know it was supposed to rain today." 

"It's not your fault, you don't control the weather after all." the brunette said, looking at the people around her as they ran away from the park somewhere inside to hide from the rain. "Plus the fact that it's raining doesn't mean we can't enjoy it. It's just water." she said standing up. 

"What are you doing?" Ricky asked her. 

"I'm dancing in the rain." she answered him. "I'm just enjoying life." 

"Are you serious?"

"And I know the perfect song for that." she said grabbing her phone and opening spotify. She looked up one of her favorite songs. 

"He is sensible and so incredible
And all my single friends are jealous" started playing from her mobile. 

"Are you seriously doing that?" Richard asked and she answered him by not only dancing but also to singing.

"But I miss screaming and fighting and kissing in the rain
And it's 2 AM and I'm cursing your name
You're so in love that you act insane
And that's the way I loved you"

"Come sing with me! You know the words!" she shouted. 

"Just because you made me learn all her songs!" he replied standing up. 

Then they started singing and dancing together. They enjoyed their time together as if there were only the two of them in the world.

"And that's the way I loved you" they finished the song looking into each other's eyes. 

Ricky took her hands in his and said carefully. I really think we should date, what about you?" 

"A really original way to ask me if I'll be your girlfriend." she laughed. "But I think so too, because this being just friends thing is annoying." 

"And exhausting." he added. "So will you? Be my girlfriend?" 

"Yeah, I'd like that." she smiled. 

Ricky smiled back at her and started getting closer again. Nina's voice stopped him when she said. "If we kiss, it will change everything." 

"So let's change everything." he whispered. 

Then something happened that they both wanted to do since they were little. Their lips touched.

I know it looks like everything is fine now, but don't be fooled because there will still be some drama. 

Hope you enjoyed, Sof♡