5◍

His ignorance is something she can't bear. His moods, action, words, emotions everything starts affecting her. His care and love are bringing the side of her that she has buried in the deepest corner, just not to be heartbroken and dependent again. Her emotions are slowly coming to the surface unwillingly and her actions are not in control. She doesn't want this. In her dictionary emotion is the synonym for weakness and weaker people are always pitied by others. As if they're not the controller of their own life.

They had planned their weekend thinking about thoroughly enjoying it but things rarely go as planned. Since they encountered her ex-husband and his wife, he's sulking and ignoring her. He wants her to take a stand for herself showing them their level where her's opinion completely contrasts his. She knew how Rafiy's nature is, nothing attracts her more than money and she finds absolute pleasure in ridiculing others; especially their finances she finds it useless mostly degrading her conscience even if they breathe in the same air. After all, Drama is not her favorite genre.

"Badey jaldi aagaye, tum dono." Mrs. Siddiqui asked them as she saw the couple.

Zohran didn't wait to respond and moved on. "Jii...he has some important work to finish." She gave the best excuse possible to not worry her about him.

"Chalo, theek hai. Abhi hum dinner hi karne lage they." Her mother-in-law asked her to follow.

"Hum dinner kar kay aaye hai." Elham informed and nodded her head she stepped towards their bedroom to see what her husband is doing except sulking.

Turning the knob she opened the door ajar and moved in close behind her. Silence is totally consumed in the atmosphere. She sight and sat on the bed. It's been four months since they bound together in the purest form of togetherness but she doesn't anticipate him to be this calm, concerned, and caring for her.

"Hello!" Her phone rang and unknown number flash on the screen. Scrunching her nose she swipe right.

"Where is my ammi?" Somebody arrogantly barked from the other side.

"Sorry! To whom I'm speaking with?" Huffing a sigh she questioned.

"Zohran Siddiqui" This name sound fimiliar. Where he heard about him. It took her second before realisation hit her hard. He's the COO of Siddiqui Industrialists and the only son of Mrs Siddiqui.

"I'm sorry but I couldn't forward this call to ma'am as she's in conversation with ..." She was informing him what his mother order but before she can complete her sentence he cut her in between.

"I said pass the call to her. It's urgent." He roar angrily.

"I'll inform her as soon as she will be out. Sir!!" She cut the line without any hesitation by emphasis on the word Sir and roll her eyes in pure underage. He's nowhere near compares to his parents. Arrogant and Angry.

That was the first time, they had a conversation.

+++

"Ammi" walking hastily he called his mother. Searching her from kitchen to bedroom he found her in lawn.

"Ammi!!Abbu yeh kya kehrahe hai. App please samjhaye kuch unko" His helplessness and irritation are clearly visible in his tone.

"Sahi tou keh rahe hai. Twenty eight kay tou hou chukey hou. Zindagi bhar kuwara rehna hai." She replied calmly, taking her husband side.

"Ammi mujhe abhi nhi karni Shaadi aur itni jaldi kya hai shaadi ki mujhe samjh nhi araha." He spoke again taking the vacant seat. He thought like previous times, she'd again escorts him from his father's unaccepted order but she has clearly choose her husband over him.

"Shaadi kay baad insaan zimmedaar hou jaata hai." Her mother again justified.

"Mei abhi bhi zimmedar hun, Ammi. Aur iss baat ka koi sense nhi banta. Jo Insaan khud ki zimmedari nhi utha sakta woh dusro ki kya uthayega and this toxic trait isn't in me." He tried to sound logical and does get success.

"Baat tou sahi kehrahe hou, lekin biwi aur baccho kay baad, zindagi badal jaati hai. Pur sukoon aur itminan se guzarti hai." He's the only child of his parents and like every parents across the globe they also wish the same that child should get the best spouse and grandchildren.

"Bacche!!"" He dramatically articulate. Fuck children he haven't even gave a thought about sharing a room. He wasn't expecting this and the conversation made him awkward and little giddy. It does sound so ummm he doesn't have a word to describe what he felt when his mother mention about children. May be good, better or blessed. Having his own miniature. His own blood and flesh.

"I was waiting for your call but aapp ney call back nhi ki." He complained like a child.

"Hmm...Elham ney bataya tha mujhe but kaam key chakkar mei baat dimaag se nikal gai." She didn't called him deliberately well aware of the topic she would discussed.

Name Elham caught his attention and he repeat the name finding it unique. "Elham kon?" He asked curiously.

"Meri secretary. New hai." She filled his curiosity.

"Isney aaj mera phone aap se baat karaye begair kaat di thi. Has no manners." He remarked.

"She just followed what I told her, there's no need of exaggerating things." Warning her son she left leaving him sulking alone.

+++

I've sent you the adress of my house. Be here; we'll be working from home - Mrs Siddiqui. Waking up to these words, she rolled to an another side of the bed for preparing herself whatever destiny throws at her today. She got confused between two dresses but eventually decided to go with Emerald colour kurti, that has light handwork and pair with white colour pant and duppata.

"Assalamualaikum! Could you please call Mrs. Siddiqui." She asked the one of the helper.

Standing in the middle of hall, her eyes are roaming everywhere taking the look of the modern design of their house.

"She's calling you in the office room." The helper came and guide her towards the office room.

She entered after knocking twice and passed her greeting.

"Come. Sit" Mrs Siddiqui lookup from her laptop and said.

She walked and took her place against her sofa. Her right side is huge shelf of books and besides it has transperant cupboard filled with files.

"Aaj ka schedule kya hai?" Her boss asked a question and soon they got immersed in their work.

"Ammi! Atleast Abbu sey kahiye mujhe kuch waqt dey. He has start messaging me about it now." Irritating Zohran enters whining like a child and broke their concentration only to face once fimiliar and another unfamiliar face in the room. Exchanging looks he composed himself asked his mother raising his eyebrow.

"Elham. My secretary."

+++

How was it?

Please do let me know your views in the comment section.

🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️