Thirty-Five

Blaise Beck-DayPresent

Blaise Beck-Day
Present

I would never wash my bed again.

I mean, I haven't washed it since she laid in it yesterday, collapsing in it like a cocoon. In the last twenty-four hours, I think I have gone insane. Completely and utterly insane. I slept in the corner chair that rested near the succulents that she drown to death. Sleeping in that chair felt like I was at the hospital all over again.

But when I woke up this morning, it was the best feeling in the world knowing that she was in that bed– on her back– just a mere sunrise ago.

Sage.

Dark hair.

Green eyes.

Body of a goddess.

As if the earth had grown her itself.

For the last two years, I had spent every single moment imagining her. Imagine what she was doing when she wasn't writing me letters. Imagine how she was doing when she wasn't trying to find me. Imagining what her life was like.

Every single letter that she wrote was in my apartment. I kept every single one of them because as I had promised once before to her if she were to write letters– I would read every single one because her words are worth reading.

Sage was too good to be true, always. She had the biggest heart, the biggest smile, and the biggest bunch of laughter that she could let out at any point in time. You just had to crack her, but it didn't take much.

Until now.

"She drowned the plants..." I muttered to myself as I leaned over the window ceil, staring at the very dark and drenched soil.

Every single day at school she drowned like a fish who was capable of living in the water but it just didn't know how to swim.

She was exactly like how my mom wrote about Ellie.

Sage would wake up every day and paint a smile on her face. She was thankful for all she did have and she was thankful for the life she lived. However, those kids at school were fucking brutal. She just never knew the full extent of it because I was always there.