| Chapter Twenty Five + Blame it on the. . . |

I wanted to start off by saying that I wasn't a hundred percent completely on board with this plan.

One reason was that we were both adults. Grown ass adults. Another reason was because we may get arrested and put in jail if caught. Last reason was because we spent a fortune on eggs and toilet paper. Could anyone guess what the ridiculous plan was? If you guessed we were egging and TP-ing Ty's house, you would be right. It was straight out the middle school handbook.

Mariah was the one that suggested it and me being the best cousin I was, I supported her. Up until we landed at the register. I mean, I consulted her all last night. I iced her hand after she slapped the hell out of both; Ty and Elle. I held her back that night so she couldn't kick, punch, or slap anyone again. I saw the bruises she was making on the two bodies and after I let her get a few licks in, I held her back and lead her away from the two troubled souls. I didn't want no ambulance to be called, didn't want anyone to press charges, didn't want my cousin to be known as the crazy bitch from the party. I found Ki and Morgan - not going to say where I found them - and we all walked back to the car and worked to soothe Mariah's broken heart.

Tonight was a new night though. She wasn't bawling her eyes out and screaming at the top of her lungs asking why she was so unlovable. No, she was in a better mood than last night. Well not necessarily all the way better, but at least her pillow wasn't smothered in her face?

Mariah said she wanted to go out and do something tonight. What I thought she meant was go out drinking and partying, hell maybe to a movie, but no. She told me to go to the store and five minutes later, our basket was filled with toilet paper and eggs. Fifteen minutes later, we arrived at the car and I repeated this question once again to Mariah, "Mariah, are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes. And you're going it with me." She said.

I wanted to tell her no, but I knew she was hurting. I knew how badly a heartbreak hurts. I wanted to help her and if this would help her - even though it was childish as shit - I would support. So even though I wasn't completely on board for this plan, I drove to Ty's address and five minutes later, I was found outside of Ty's house with a toilet paper in one hand and a carton of eggs in other.

"Are you ready?" Mariah smiled at me. She was standing in front of me, on the first step of Ty's porch with an egg carton in one hand and toilet paper in the other. I looked once again at the one story empty house. No lights were on, no cars were in the drive way- we actually may get away with this. It seemed like no one was home. And Ty had been a huge asshole to my cousin. Maybe he needed something to happen to him. Maybe this situation did called for revenge. Did call for some trashing. Maybe Mariah had rubbed off on me.

Was it possible that someone's energy rub off on another's so quickly? Maybe it was the rush, excitement, and stupidness of it all? But after she asked that question, I was more than ready to throw both of these items towards the house or - based on my aim - flat on the lawn.

"Fuck it." I replied back and swung my hand far back and woop went the objects went flying.

Mariah laughed and then my ears were blessed with a crash. Her eggs and toilet paper also went flying and landed on Ty's front door. Mine had landed a little on the left side of their porch and a little in their mini front garden. Were we satisfied with that though? Nope. And ten seconds later, we both went running to the car and got out more supplies to trash the house. It became crazy. Their front porch was starting to look like an abandoned IHOP. And we tried to keep our voice down as the dismantling was happening, but it was just so funny and entertaining, that we forgot this was supposed to be a silent mission. Our laughter, excitement and crashing and destruction was becoming louder and louder and then. . .a light was turned on.