318.Standing Up For You Despite His Anger {2}

He shifted his look of disdain onto Kong Meixian. “Your daughter heard from Lee Eunha that Liaa’s character is problematic? Lee Eunha is a girl who only knows to spout lies. She even tried to steal her own sister’s fiancé. Her shamelessness knows no bounds. Can her words be trusted? As her friend, your daughter joined hands with Eunha to speak ill about my fiancée’s character behind her back without any evidence. ‘Birds of a feather flock together’. This indicates that your daughter’s heart has already turned black.”

Kong Meixian had wanted to bring her daughter up in front of the commander. She did not expect to instead draw his ire. Her complexion turned pale as she rushed to explain. “CEO Jeon, it’s true that Lisa hasn’t visited her mother in the hospital…”

“Everyone, I’ve been away for business for quite some time. It wasn’t easy for me to return to see Lisa.” Jungkook’s voice was cold and firm. Everyone listening found it difficult to doubt him. “Everyone has seen on television that Lisa boarded the helicopter with me. We returned to Yu Ting Villa together, yet she suddenly left. Previously, her phone was turned off. If Lee Lilan did not contact Lisa over the accident, she must not have seen it in time. It’s likely that she only saw it when we arrived at Yu Ting Villa, hence the reason why she rushed off abruptly. Otherwise, I can’t think of any other reasons that would make her leave without leaving behind a word.”

Lisa did not turn off her phone. For her sake, Jungkook was able to lie without pausing to blink.

Shuhai immediately spoke up. “CEO Jeon, I just returned from the hospital. I came back to retrieve some fresh sets of clothes for my sister-in-law. I didn’t see Lisa there…”

“She should be on the way there.”

Although Jungkook said so, he was a ruthless man at heart. Even if the other party was Lisa’s mother, he would not spare any kindness for someone who had treated Lisa poorly.

He instead hoped that Lisa did not actually leave his place to visit Lilan. After all, there was a possibility that the car accident was completely made up.

Even a blind man could recognise that Jungkook was protecting his future wife.

Furthermore, his words were logical and persuasive. The neighbours and passers-by also chimed in. “I believe in the commander’s fiancée’s character. Shuhai, why are you stirring up so much conflict when you’re only a guest in the Lee home?”

“And you, Kong Meixian, do you wish for CEO Jeon to hate Lisa that badly? Who doesn’t know that you pray for your daughter to transform into a phoenix everyday? Both you and your daughter’s hearts have turned black. It would be more suitable if both of you become crows.”

Kong Meixian tried to refute them, but the entire crowd started to scold her for being arrogant. The humiliation caused her to turn pale.

Jungkook saw that no one was questioning Lisa’s character any longer. Since he was not interested in their small talk, he turned and returned to the first car.

Bambam felt really bitter about this. He wondered as to what kind of charm Lisa possessed. Their great Commander had spoken up for her despite his anger.

Shuhai saw that Jungkook was about to leave. He immediately chased after him. “CEO Jeon, you are Lisa’s future fiancé. Your future mother-in-law is hospitalised. Won’t you go visit her?”

The Lee Group had lost the Jeon family’s support. The Jeon family also released word that no one was allowed to cooperate with the Lee Group simply because they were giving face to the Jeon family.

The Lee Group was currently in a tight spot.

If Jungkook visited her in the hospital, outsiders would definitely assume that the Lee Group’s director, Lilan’s relationship with Jungkook had improved.

This could perhaps lead them to be more willing to work with the Lee Group once more.

His shout had been especially loud. All the people standing around, heard him.

Since Jungkook cared for Lisa that much, in this situation, refusing to agree would indicate that he was too unfeeling.

Shuhai would force him to go even if he had to face the consequences later!